PDA

View Full Version : ATI FIRE GL XI 128Mb - DUAL LCD's

mixmasterwes
03-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Help! Please!

My question is how do you configure in VT3 a dual monitor setup. Causes I can’t seem get it to work with my system. When I select the Dual background skin it only stays in the one monitor and splits it in two. Should it not display it on both monitors? I I have a ATI Fire GL X1 128Mb Dual DVI output connected to (2) 19” AG Neovo LCD Display’s. I am running the latest drivers from ATI and have performed a clean install of XP Pro. Also Installed VT[3] Build 4909 as well.

If you can please lead me to any thread or links I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Wes :confused:

Jim Capillo
03-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Well, I'm not familiar with the ATI software, but you need to set it (ATI) to 2560 X 1280 to span both monitors.

Then you can select what backgrounds you want to use on the VT.

Paul Lara
03-23-2004, 06:43 AM
Jim, the ATI software doesn't work that way. It specializes in being able to set differing resolutions for each monitor, with less support for spanning than is offered by nVidia.

Jim Capillo
03-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Well, that would be the problem, eh ????? ;)

mixmasterwes
03-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
Jim, the ATI software doesn't work that way. It specializes in being able to set differing resolutions for each monitor, with less support for spanning than is offered by nVidia.

Thanks Paul and Jim,

Your right Paul, ATI has the capability to set its own Resolution for each Monitor. But, that still leaves me out in the cold! I am starting to wonder if it is even possible to have Dual Configuration with this Card?

Does anybody have any Idea or experience with these types of cards?

Thanks,

Wes..

djlithium
04-02-2004, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't use this card anyway.
there are still problems with ATI's directX implimentation which will only allow you to work with the VTVision monitors on one of your monitors.

Ditch the ATI (great hardware, drunk software engineers... trust me I know a few that work there and thats reality) and pick up a good solid GFX from say ASUS or PNY.

quantumvista
04-21-2004, 05:20 PM
I installed a PNY GeForce FX5700 Ultra. I can run DualView, but the Spanning is now completely nutso. In fact, the instant I open a Toaster Vision monitor, the secondary monitor flips out and shows me program out!! FULL SCREEN! WEIRD!!

Of course all the Latest drivers are loaded. maybe a rollback is called for.

JB

djlithium
04-21-2004, 05:22 PM
I think you need to set up the monitor controls in the video driver for spanned display, not dualview.

Give that a try. There is an option for it in the nVidia control manager where you can select which monitor is which and how they are arranged.

quantumvista
04-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks but I figured it out.

It was the display mode that I didn't set.
Man two monitors is COOL!

I can see so much stuff now!

JB

:D

djlithium
04-22-2004, 02:43 PM
yeah it's a neat trick :P