PDA

View Full Version : upgrade to 7.5c lost plugins!

madheavy
03-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Arrgghh! what an idiot I am! I decided to use the spline control displacement plugin as 'proton showed was included with 7.5c.
Well I already had 7.5c and did a scan a could'nt find any plugin with the name 'spline' in it.
So I downloaded the 7.5c update again and ran the modify option.
I open lightwave go to the displacement tab, and I still cannot find the spline control feature. I scan the directory for the splinamate plugin, only to find that I DON'T HAVEN ANY %$#@ PLUGINS ANYMORE!!!!
GD! WHO THOUGHT THAT A SIMPLE REINSTALL WOULD WIPE OUT PRE-EXISTING PLUGINS!

madheavy
03-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Cont'd. from original post
My question is: I know how I can reinstal my existing plugins by downloading them again. (except the ones that will only be including in %[email protected]#@ LW8). But how do I get the plugins that supposed to be included with LW 7.5c upgrade?

thanks
Anthony 'extremely mad' Madden

Sastira
03-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Open your c:\lightwave\plugins directory to make sure there are no plugins there.

If there ARE plugins there, do this:

In modeler, click "modeler" then go to "plug ins" then "edit plugins"

now click scan directory

now select the "plugins" directory under lightwave and hit ok... let it run, and it will auto add all the plugins back in

do the same thing in layout, except click the "layout" button first, instead of "modeler"

hope this helps.

Kurtis
03-23-2004, 10:14 AM
madheavy,

Sastira is right, but you will also want to Scan Directory the LScripts and Legacy_Plugins folders.

WizCraker
03-23-2004, 11:47 AM
This same thing happend to me about 3 months ago. I uninstalled LW right away and did not bother installing it until I got FPrime as it pissed me off so much I just forced myself to use Maya.

WizCraker
03-23-2004, 11:56 AM
I should also mention it not only deleted my plugins as madheavy described but as well as a HDR Probe and Projects Sub Directory in Lightwave. That is the what really tipped me over the edge.

You would think a service pack would not delete files but only update the program files.