PDA

View Full Version : newbie problem! In cg, when I pull in a nice still, it shakes badly..help!

ken07
03-22-2004, 06:24 AM
I have some single frame camera stills in my video drive. I want to drag them into the cg and put a title on them. Then I save as a png. However, whenever I put a still in the cg...it always saves and outputs with bad resolution and a shaking motion...like I had one field of a frame or something. But I only saved one frame when I grabbed the photos. I only have the VT3 software and have not upgraded yet. Is this a software problem or do I need to set something to use the single frames in the backround of my cg? Also whenever I put a nice frame into the cg and output to the switcher...I see it shake in my monitor....thanks so much!

ted
03-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Gotta make this quick, but, when grabbing stills from video, grabbing the "FIELD", not the "FRAME" is what you need to do to reduce the motion jitter.
But only do this if you get the jitter, because it reduces the resolution also.

Depending on what build you are using, I think there was a public build where you would need to drop the "Y" axis "Position" by one, or you would get "blurring" of the scene. i.e., if you have the "Y" as 0, make it one or minus 1.

ken07
03-22-2004, 11:33 AM
What do you mean by a public build? Could you be a bit more specific on this? thanks

ted
03-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Meaning one of the builds or patches that NewTek released.
There has been so many builds I'm not sure which one.

What version of software are you using?
I'm not sure I understand your problem as described. Can you post some pictures?

ken07
03-22-2004, 06:01 PM
I am using the original VT3 software. IN the updated software, can you go into the timeline, take a rtv clip, make it one frame and then drag it into the cg for a backround still. That is what I really want to do...maybe its not a practical thing. I might have to render it as a jpeg to use in cg. Do you know what I mean? Ken