PDA

View Full Version : Very New..

Emanuel
03-21-2004, 10:30 PM
I have fooled around with 5.6 and have made some cool things.

I took a class on lightwave a few years ago(wich is where i found someone who would sell it to me for $300), and learned a few things. I have done a few tutorials over the net as well and have become pretty aquainted with modelling.

I just updated to 7.5 and am looking for some friends to work with... I want to have a little fun with this thing to make getting more skilled a bit more pleasurable.

Kurtis
03-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Emanuel,

You might want to find out if there is a LightWave User Group in your area. Such groups are a good place to learn more about the program and discuss it with other users. Your local authorized reseller might know of one. Also, check with your local community college. Many of them teach LightWave and know if there is a user group in the area.

You might also want to keep an eye on the Shows & Events (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=16) portion of this forum for LightWave happenings coming to your area.

colkai
03-24-2004, 09:13 AM
You could also consider joining one of the 'collaborative project' groups on CGTalk, that's what I did recently. It's agreat way to actually produce something, rather than just fiddling around with various models and scenes.