PDA

View Full Version : Skybaker

shockwave
03-21-2004, 11:18 AM
I set up a scene with skybaker and everything looked good before and after the baking process and when it was done I could see the sky and clouds in open GL but not in VIPER or when the scene was rendered. I just got a blue background. Also when I opened the scene up today LW couldnt find the baked scene that i saved to the file that the animation was in. OY!:eek: Help please from whoever has had this happen.:D

WizCraker
03-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Did you save all objects before closing Lightwave? Also you usually have to press F9 and render a frame before Viper takes notice.

Aegis
03-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Go into Image Editor and turn off the alpha for the SkyBaker image(s).

shockwave
03-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Wisecracker , yes I did.
Aegis , Ill try that.
Additional - I found that when i re opened the scene that the views couldnt be found although they were saved in the file I wanted saved them to. When asked to find alternate file I went to where i had origionally saved them to and they were there, BUT..after loading them into the scene the were very ...very pixally and looked really bad and nothing like the way they origionally looked when i first baked them. I have deleted the baked stuff and re did it but got the same results twice.

robar3d
03-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Yeah, shockwave....I was having the same problem as you do, just experimenting with animation. I thought I baked up a sky (got a 5-sided cube object for the sky) on the Layout and test-rendered it. It came out as a straight light blue sky with no cloud, no sunset-like color or whatever, nothing like I "VIPERed" earlier. :(

Rory_L
03-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Don`t know about the rest of the problems, but the pixelation may be Jpeg artifacting. Try usint TGAs?

R

scallahan1
08-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Came late to this discussion. REAL late. :) Thanks, Aegis, for that simple answer. Was just fiddling with this tonight and did a search (using google). I also tried using non-alpha formats and discovered I obviously don't have to do it for those. Yup.

Steve-o