PDA

View Full Version : character: female

Jure
03-20-2004, 03:30 AM
Taking a break from my usual arch. viz. work, I wanted to try myself at characters. This is what I came up with. I hope to animate her some time in future.
Hope you like it, C&C welcome as always.

http://www2.arnes.si/~ssdjjude/girl_12.jpg

hrgiger
03-20-2004, 09:28 AM
Nice Jure, how did you do the hair?

I like the lighting.

StuManFu
03-21-2004, 09:54 AM
I have to agree. Nice hair, nice face, nice lighting.

astro-sanchez
03-21-2004, 02:32 PM
great looking render
is this character rigged or a modeler pose?
the deforming mostly around the shoulders looks very nice
also like the shading on the skin

good job :)

Jure
03-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi, thanks for your comments.

The hair is done with Sasquatch.
I modeled her in standard T pose and rigged her. I then posed her in layout but the deformations (around the shoulders) were not looking just right. I saved transformed object and tweaked the points further in modeler to get just the right deformations.

veljko
03-22-2004, 12:24 AM
cOOL pose and render! There is something off with the blur imho- Is the blur LW made or postrender retushed? The face seems to be to clear for the shoulder to be so blury?

otherwise great!

silverlw
03-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Wonderfull image! The pose,the hair and the light is wonderfull. Whats bugging me is something with her eyes that make me start thinking of lizardeyes. They are black and lifeless. Also her left booby looks a little bit too flat for my taste;)
I hope i see some more posts of that lady further on.

Jure
03-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Heya, thanx for your replies.

Veljko: yes the DOF is post, I did it in PS, not great I know... I need to work on that more next time. Maybe someone can give me some tips about it, I used Z depth as alpha mask but got a lot of banding on gray colors.

silverw: I think the eyes lost a bit of details because of compression and resize. The render resolution was 1600x1200 and eyes look quite good IMO there.

mgreenway
03-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Very Well Done!
:)

veljko
03-23-2004, 04:00 AM
Hi- When working with blur you are infact defining the DOF (depth of field) of your "camera"- So if you place souch a dof center that the face is without blur and the shoulder has blur, the same would aply to the rest of the figure- So if the shoulder to face distance is lets say 10 cm, and the feet to face distance is 3 times that amount, the feet should have even greater blur then shoulders-
In other words the greater the distance from your dof center the bigger the blur is..

but i think the quality of the image has been compromised by the resizing and the compression- This might be whats bothering me..:)

hope this helps!

MercrunneR
03-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Cool render.

I believe that (in a real camera) DOF falls off faster past the point of focus than it does in front of the point of focus, so that might explain why the shoulders fall out of focus so quickly as opposed to the feet.

Does that sound right to anyone else?

veljko
03-24-2004, 01:07 AM
might be-

HiddenFlames
03-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Very nice work, I have to second the comments about the shoulders--they look better than most others I've seen. My one criticism would be the face, which appears to be quite flat, although, without having seen anything but that image, I may be wrong.

Fate
04-11-2004, 05:35 AM
I don't like the legs. Apart from that , the textures are ok , I really much like the lighting and the flowers. Great job on the hair!