PDA

View Full Version : LW8 to be truly AMAZING?!?

jevinstudios
03-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Well, after learning of the incredibly ambitious manual/help system built in to LW8, I am getting even more excited about this milestone of an upgrade. It appears that NewTek is really going to surprise us all with the most spectacular upgrade in this company's long history, as well as a wonderful bonus in a multi-disk software set due to begin shipping soon (I am told). Just want to put it out there that I truly love this company, and am salivating at the possibility that LW8 will successfully amaze each and every one of us!

mouse_art
03-19-2004, 10:02 PM
I absolut agree with you.

But ,the online help button ,only open the IE explorer(within help content), so i think..

sorry for my bad english....I put this better in my signature. :p

DigiLusionist
03-19-2004, 10:04 PM
I hope LW8 amazes us. I hope our bowels open uncontrollably when we launch it and see what the guys have been working on all this time.

jevinstudios
03-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Digi --

How vivid.

js33
03-20-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by DigiLusionist
I hope LW8 amazes us. I hope our bowels open uncontrollably when we launch it and see what the guys have been working on all this time.
Hehehehe. But we all just did that over FPrime. I don't think my bowels can take much more. :D

Cheers,
JS

colkai
03-20-2004, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by jevinstudios
It appears that NewTek is really going to surprise us all with the most spectacular upgrade in this company's long history, as well as a wonderful bonus in a multi-disk software set due to begin shipping soon (I am told).

Don't get wrong, I am looking forward to getting LW8, and certainly, I don't want to start any conjecture, but is this 'reliable' info or supposition and rumor?

I don't doubt for one minute Newtek want to make LW8 the best it can be, nor do I doubt their commitment to the product and its users, just I haven't found anything about [8] for a bit.

EDIT: ok...scratch all that.. just found some new info DUH!
Interesting times!

kcole
03-20-2004, 09:28 AM
ok...scratch all that.. just found some new info DUH!

Where?

CB_3D
03-20-2004, 10:14 AM
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/product/8/index.php

kcole
03-20-2004, 05:23 PM
I guess "new" is relative. I was hoping for something brand new! :D

Beamtracer
03-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by mouse_art
But ,the online help button ,only open the IE explorer(within help content), so i think.. mouse_art, did you hear that the LW8 Help system will only work with the Internet Explorer web browser?

I really hope that's not the case, as Microsoft Internet Explorer is a mono-platform solution. Most Mac users have switched to the much faster Safari web browser, as MS no longer develops IE for the Mac.

lunarcamel
03-20-2004, 06:25 PM
"incredibly ambitious manual/help system "

The only thing "incredible" is that it took so long for NT to include. Personally I'm not to excited about this upgrade - I feel like NT is playing a lot of catch up to other apps. Just my 2 cents - don't start a war ;)

Now FPrime - that's incredible! ;)

Qslugs
03-20-2004, 10:16 PM
I'll be excited when Newtek starts putting back siggraph paper stuff into their upgrades again. Metanurbs, hypervoxels, hdri etc... I see none of thoes kind of advances in the software upgrade (yet). Here's hoping to the future.

mouse_art
03-20-2004, 10:52 PM
mouse_art, did you hear that the LW8 Help system will only work with the Internet Explorer web browser?

@Beamtracer

I think ,LW open the default web browser, but flash required.

btw i use mozilla. ;)

Meshbuilder
03-21-2004, 05:13 AM
Hereīs the things that Iīm most excited about in LW8:

Faster Rendering
Faster Inverse Kinematics
Faster Dynamics Calculations
Faster OpenGL Performance
New, workflow oriented, menu layout

jevinstudios
03-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Sweeeeet list, Mesh!

Original1
03-22-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Qslugs
I'll be excited when Newtek starts putting back siggraph paper stuff into their upgrades again. Metanurbs, hypervoxels, hdri etc... I see none of thoes kind of advances in the software upgrade (yet). Here's hoping to the future.

I agree I took other programs 2 years to catch up in some areas, I hope the new programming teams have that area of theoretical curiousity that drives true development forward so Lightwave doesn't die a slow death. I want Lightwave to be the leader in its field.

caesar
03-22-2004, 08:58 AM
LW 8 + Fprime = killer deal!

Just see the seamslesly (oops) integration of md - rigid and soft dinamics - it seems perfect! I just expect a fast calculation :)
With the improved workflow and the "live" Fprime feedback, itīll be king !

Donīt forget the new rigging stuff !