PDA

View Full Version : LW8 upgrade permanent S/N question

Jirapong
03-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Hi All,
It's a silly question, but I posted it because I think I would know the answer faster than email NT (Actually I did).
I bought LW 8 upgrade with DFX+ and also changed the dongle to the dou one to use with DFX+. I got new lock ID and went to register to get my permanebt license, but there is option of LW8 in pull down menu.
So, I think there might be the other with the same situatio as mine. What did you guys do, or what should I do?

Thanks,

Jirapong

Kurtis
03-19-2004, 05:24 PM
If you're saying that there is no LightWave 8 option in the pull-down menu for what version you are registering, that is correct.

Since all you are doing is registering the different Hardware Lock ID for your new DUO dongle, you would select 7.5. You will not be able to register LightWave 8 itself, until it is released, because your Permanent License Key will be different for 8 than it is for 7-7.5.

{G}
05-18-2004, 03:46 AM
I too have had a similar issue, BUT my problem has nothing to do with the duo dongle. I too got the DFX + LW8 pack, and did not request the duo dongle. So my problem is that even after I go into the register screen, and LW does accept my code, and politely says "Restart LW to enable full usage" etc so I restart LW and Hub and and I tried just restarting LW, and low and behold!!!

It's still in discovery edition.

Please help (many deadlines to achieve)

-Guy :(

Kurtis
05-18-2004, 07:09 PM
{G},

When Jirapong started this thread, he was using [7.5]. [8] had not yet been released. From what you're saying, it sounds like you actually have [8]. Is that the case?

Did you get a LightWave [8] permanent license key? It is different from the one you had for [7.5].

If so, and the pop-up does not seem to be recording the license key properly, you can input the key directly by editing the "license.key" file in your LightWave [8]>Programs folder.

If you're on a PC, open it with Notepad, put in the number with the dashes, and save the file. Make sure it does not add a .txt extension to the end of the file name.

If you're on a Mac, open it with TextEdit and do the same. You will need to make sure that TextEdit encodes the document as Plain Text and does not add a .txt extension to the end.

If inputting the key manually does not work, check with Customer Service (1-800-TOASTER or [email protected]) to make sure you have the right LightWave [8] permanent license key for the hardware lock ID that LightWave displays in the opening message box.

If it is the right key, and it still doesn't work, contact Technical Support (1-210-341-8444 or [email protected]) to see if they can help you.