PDA

View Full Version : Plug-ins and Prefs need re-intallation on every start-up!!! Ouch!!

nikmills
03-19-2004, 10:35 AM
After upgrading to 7.5c I am having this issue where everytime is start modeler I have to put in all the plug-ins and re-set all my preferences.

The truth is I never really understood how to upgrade versions of LW. I'm given a new folder, but there are a lot of files from the old folder that I still need. Do I bring things to the new folder? Do I just drop the new program in the old folder? NewTek never really explains. I just stumble through and generally get LW going. This time it's a serious problem.

I think this problem I have relates to this issue of not knowing how or if I should merge the old and new. Here's a picture of the two folders. Any help here on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ps I have just installed 10.3.3. that maybe is adding to this problem!

INSULT TO INJURY!!! Now I'm being told my dongle isn't in. Restricted to 400 points! But it's there!

bloontz
03-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Did you run Repair Disk Permisions after upgrading things? That is usually a good idea. Another possibility is that an old prefs file was left somewhere, like Library/Preferences. Since there is more that one prefs folder and they are searched in a certain order problems can occur if an older version of an app saved prefs to a different prefs folder. As for the dongle, did you try to reinstall the latest drivers?