PDA

View Full Version : Computer Input Question

denzus
03-16-2003, 08:32 PM
I am preparing a proposal for my church to use a VT2 in live production switching, however, we use the Digital Juice Jumpbacks and sometimes MS Powerpoint presentation in our services... does anybody have a good way to get the hi-res RGBHV signal into the VT2 and have it still look good ? Also, what about the outputs ? are all inputs scaled to a particular resolution, or are they independent, just output at NTSC or similar ? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Danner
03-17-2003, 06:19 AM
Most newer Nvidia cards come with some sort of TV out option, but the image looks a bit blured, We use a dedicated sony scan converter wich has very nice features like zoom and pan and the image is quite good, as good as NTSC can display a VGA signal anyway.

denzus
03-17-2003, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it

sptbg_vt_geek
04-01-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by denzus
I am preparing a proposal for my church to use a VT2 in live production switching, however, we use the Digital Juice Jumpbacks and sometimes MS Powerpoint presentation in our services... does anybody have a good way to get the hi-res RGBHV signal into the VT2 and have it still look good ? Also, what about the outputs ? are all inputs scaled to a particular resolution, or are they independent, just output at NTSC or similar ? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

I do the same thing for my church.....

-VT2 for switching and video editing
-2 Trinity systems for graphics
-MS PowerPoint *cough*sucks :D *cough* through a scan converter on rare occasions

We also have a VT in the youth facility but all it does is switch, they put another trinity over there and installed hard drives in it to use the timemachine editor built into it

sptbg_vt_geek
04-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Almost forgot, the IN from the computer to the Scan Converter is 1024x768 XGA

denzus
04-02-2003, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all the help, but I am still curious as to what you folks are using for slide creation ? are you using Photoshop to make slides and import tham as stills into a DDR in Toaster ? or are you doing them in real-time on the Toaster using the CG in it ? Thanks Again

sptbg_vt_geek
04-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by denzus
Thanks for all the help, but I am still curious as to what you folks are using for slide creation ? are you using Photoshop to make slides and import tham as stills into a DDR in Toaster ? or are you doing them in real-time on the Toaster using the CG in it ? Thanks Again

Since we use trinity for graphics we use a trinity program called titlewave. Either that, or photoshop into titlewave. Either way it goes through that program.

vanguard
04-16-2003, 06:49 AM
We have had good luck with the sony scan converter.

The rub comes when you deviate from 640x480.

It will do higher resolutions, but the images drop in quality proportionally to the increase over 640x480.

So we run the host computer @ 640x480 and it looks OK.

The most difficult task is educating the average customer why his images look so poopy on VHS... (400x230-ish)

sptbg_vt_geek
04-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by vanguard
We have had good luck with the sony scan converter.

The rub comes when you deviate from 640x480.

It will do higher resolutions, but the images drop in quality proportionally to the increase over 640x480.

So we run the host computer @ 640x480 and it looks OK.

The most difficult task is educating the average customer why his images look so poopy on VHS... (400x230-ish)

I must have been having a blonde year :rolleyes:. We've have been having problems w/ the graphics that go through our converter. I do them all @ 1024x768, never thinking that that was it. I scaled down some of the stuff just a little bit ago and tried it and it looked great! Thanks again!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: