PDA

View Full Version : transfering to another computer

tubes1
03-19-2004, 09:22 AM
Hello,

I own Lightwave six (Mac) and I bought a newer computer and want to move the software over to the new computer. I remember when I first installed it back in 2000, I had to get some number off my computer, call Newtek and have them give me some number based on what I told them and yatta yatta yatta. So, my question is this: Do I need to get any numbers or anything off my old computer before I get rid of it or do I just need to call Newtek again when I reinstall it? I just don't want to do anything that will cause me to have to buy another license cause I didn't have some info. Also, I'll eventually want to upgrade to OS X and a newer version of Lightwave. Should I keep my version 6 on the computer with the little purple key thing plugged in or do I just do a basic install? Sorry for all the basic questions, but this software is expensive and I just don't want to screw anything up. Thanks.

Zarathustra
03-19-2004, 10:13 AM
It's been awhile for me using OS9, but in OSX there's a file called "License.key". Look for something like that. Just install LW on your new machine and plunk that file in your Programs folder.

Couldn't hurt to have that # written down somewhere, like on your manuals and/or have a backup somewhere.