PDA

View Full Version : some general Lightwave questions

jeanne
03-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi All,
Thanks in advance for some answers. I do not own Lightwave at the moment but if all goes well, should be this weekend. Please excuse my possibly very elementary questions. I'm not sure that I understand what exactly you get when you render in Lightwave. I know that you can model or layout animation, but when you animate and render that animation, what do you have? Video? When you render your project in Lightwave, are you able to bring this project into Adobe Premiere or Adobe After Effects to combine the Lightwave project with audio and video? This is generally what I want to be able to do. I want to create 3D characters and or backgrounds and place them into Premiere or After Effects and add other video and audio. Can this all be done? My end result is that I would like to be able to burn my project onto DVD and put on the web. Sorry if these questions sound basic, I'm a beginner. Thanks so much
Jeanne

bloontz
03-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Lightwave will output to a variety of formats that can be imported into Premiere or after effects. You can setup your renders in ways that allow compositing with video. Basically, Yes it will do the things you are after.