PDA

View Full Version : 2D model conversion - filling

tonsofpcs
03-16-2003, 08:12 PM
I have converted 2D models from DXF/DWG via 3rd party apps, and I have also Imported EPSF 2D vectors. When extruding any of these 2D models (to give dimension), only the edges are visible. Does anyone know of a way to 'fill' the front and back of such a model? They all show up as multiple 2-point polygons [Isn't that an oxymoron?].

chilledaqua
03-24-2003, 08:43 PM
well, you could select all the points around your object and press p to make a polygon and then extrude. make sure you select everything and kill the polygons before doing that because I belive, polygons are made for the edges but i'm not sure, but when you select the points, they have to be in order. select them in counter-clockwise order and press p. If you accidently do clockwise you can always make the polygon and the press f to flip the polygon right side up. If you want to tab it to create nurbs, i would recommend smooth shift.

Danner
03-24-2003, 10:23 PM
after you extrude your object have it cut a plane using boleans, then you will have to clean it up deleteng the poligons filling the areas that you want as holes.