PDA

View Full Version : C'mon everyone - it's LW8 'Haiku' Time!

blabberlicious
03-19-2004, 03:12 AM
I had an idea.

In the interests of brevity, and the worsening eyesight of Forum users - forced to trawl through endless speculative posts about LW8- I thought it would be a good idea to experiment with a form of expression that combines directness with simplicity.

The Haiku is a ancient form of Japanese verse that condenses powefuliy felt emotions into just three lines of verse - a poetic 'shout' if you will.

Here are some english examples to get you started. (http://home.pacific.net.sg/~loudon/alexey_def.htm)

So instead of this recent post:
(apologies to retinajoy) :

I have to disagree. They showed us LW8 well in advance of even the projected release date. Alias, Discreet, Softimage etc would never do that. In fact, Alias has banned all talk of their new version of Maya from various forums inc CGTalk.

We got a full feature list on the Newtek website months before it is released. Don't see that having been done by other vendors including the customer friendly cinema 4D. Plus we have had on a weekly basis all those videos (a gigs worth?) by Proton.

Plus some of the programmers have put in a few words in these forums in the past months.

Plus Chuck puts in an appearance now and again, inc just a few days ago to confirm that Newtek are going to work with Worley to open up the SDK, which quashes any LW8 is the last version rant.

I bought my LW8 in September, so I was dissappointed in not having LW8 in December, but I much rather have a solid mainly bug free software to use that earns my keep. I will remain happy if Newtek releases LW8 this month cool:
hint hint.

I wish that Fprime will arrive. I ordered on the 15th. Maybe my download email will arrive on the day LW8 is released.

we might have:

hope blossoms
then withers
kept alive by a dream

I'd love to see come of NT's communications, or Users 'Uber-Rants' (on both side of the fence) given this sensitive treatment.

So come on Wavers, have a go and post a LW8 Haiku. It's fun, available NOW, cross-platform and guaranteed bug free. A special prize awaits the best entry.

Let's see the sensitive, artistic side of this forum, and help save some bandwidth - which NT could put to good use when they release...(ooops...there I go...again :-)

mrunion
03-19-2004, 06:07 AM
lightwave eight
damn it's late
but I'll bet it's great

ironlips
03-19-2004, 06:30 AM
So So sick
of hearing us rant,
will we get results
with a chant?

mcewan7
03-19-2004, 06:37 AM
Hung your arse out to dry
for a slice
of lightwave pie

jmulder
03-19-2004, 07:12 AM
Lightwave version 8
Can you be so far away?
Quarter 4, '06

hrgiger
03-19-2004, 07:43 AM
Lightwave rules
Poser is the worst
I'll be pissed if yet another version of 3DMax
comes out first.

Bones_3DFC
03-19-2004, 08:16 AM
I understand it
I await it patiently
For tomorrow comes

Traditional number of lines, number of syllables, juxtaposition,
unfinished bridge and outsider effect.
:)

ok I have no idea what I'm doing

kyuzo
03-19-2004, 09:37 AM
We've had to wait for eight
and when it comes
some will whine for nine

A Mejias
03-19-2004, 02:36 PM
hai·ku: n., pl. haiku also hai·kus. 1. A Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons. 2. A poem written in this form. [Japanese : hai, amusement (from Chinese pá, farce) + ku, sentence (from Chinese jů).]

A Mejias
03-19-2004, 02:57 PM
modeling… render…
anticipation bursting…
results? re-render…

LightWave 8, to come
animations many be
modeler not far

improvements announced
FPrime to the rescue too
dissatisfaction?

rays of light shine strong