PDA

View Full Version : new user question

markflag
03-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Just started using the demo version and am trying to figure out if I can efficiently use lightwave with a one button mouse on my G4. Do most mac lightwave users use a 3 button mouse and if so what is a decent mouse to go buy?

thanks for any help!

Nigel Baker
03-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Lightwave works equally as well with a one button mouse you just use command CTRL and ALT instead for different functions.
If you would really like to work bettre get a Tablet for yourself, after you break yourself in on one you will never look back. Good luck

brayne
03-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Personally, I couldn't live without my 3 button mouse. I've never been thrilled with tablets (mine is currently working as a very expensive mouse-mat!) I'm not saying don't buy a tablet, but they do take some getting used to.

As to which mouse to buy, this is definitely a matter of personal opinion. There are many "ergonomic" mice out there, and I think most of them are just plain uncomfortable. See if you can go to a shop that will let you try the mice before you buy. For me personally, I think the plain (and very cheap) Logitech Optical Mouse (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=4988) is the best mouse ever made.

tingham
03-17-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Nigel Baker
Lightwave works equally as well with a one button mouse you just use command CTRL and ALT instead for different functions.
If you would really like to work bettre get a Tablet for yourself, after you break yourself in on one you will never look back. Good luck

I'm wondering how effective one would be using a tablet, if ( like me ) you're left handed. Most of the keyboard commands are piled on the left side of the keyboard, and it seems like that would be a hinderance.

Does anyone use a tablet left handed?

brayne
03-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Most tablets have at least three buttons on the stylus, and they usually have a row of programmable buttons across the top of the tablet too. These would work the same for left or right-handed people.

jhawk28
03-19-2004, 07:24 AM
I would reccommend any of Logitc's MX series.

Joshua

jdavidbakr
03-19-2004, 07:37 AM
I actually much prefer using the hotkeys instead of the right mouse button, I have used LW on the PC and it's so much easier to have two hands going instead of switching your finger to the other button. But, I guess it's just what you're used to.

Zarathustra
03-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Old debate. My $.02 is standard mouse and tablet. Tablet tends to be just for Modeler, for me. I guess I see that as the more creative side or something.