PDA

View Full Version : beer bubble man

veljko
03-17-2004, 09:38 AM
I had to make a basketball player out of beer bubbles- it was a fierce 35 non stop hour struggle- but i finaly made him:)
!
He is a hybrid between geometry and hypervoxels-

hope you like it!
-thx to Noclar7 for the help!

sKb875
03-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Very awesome work! :D I love the way it looks. :) Only thing.. The head still seems a little too small...

DM67
03-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi veljko,
Excellent work, you used MD for the t-shirt and pants ? :cool:

veljko
03-17-2004, 06:01 PM
thx for the replies!:)

Noup- the shirt and pants were destorted in modeler-
Since this was made for a still shot not anim I decided not to mess around with MD cos i really never worked much with it- Its on my to do list:)

here is the latest version- not much difference but anyways-

DM67
03-17-2004, 06:09 PM
the beer bubbles are better now ;)

SODAPLAY
03-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Yep, 2nd one looks better :)
I would make his right part of his shorts (his right leg) a little bit less wider in the back side of his body :) I hope you would understand me.

- SODA

sKb875
03-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Looks really nice, yah the bubbles do seem better.

Broncos30
03-17-2004, 11:06 PM
I like the set-up, and the bubbles look good. The only thing is that it needs to be put into context. i would like to see the beer mug as well. The render is confussing as it is. good start

sidetrak
03-18-2004, 12:58 AM
The second one looks better becuase the bubbles that make up the guy match with the color of the beer. Any chance you could just loose the clothes and animate him any way? BTW what is this for?

veljko
03-18-2004, 02:50 AM
@broncos30: The scene idea is fixed- It was given to me by the design artist of the studio for whome im making this pic- So i cant change the scene in that way-
The logo and promo material txt will go on this pic, so this is not the finished product- if you like i can post the whole poster when the design artist does his job?-

@sidetrak- There was to much postprocessing in photoshop and photopaint to animate him- There is a certan aproach that i have when making posters and souch still images that evolves alot around the use of 2d tools, so..

@SODAPLAY- i will check it out!

@DM67- yes, most of the work on the second pic was around the bubbles and the background

again, thx for the replies, and keep them comming cos chances are there will be one more week for tweaking and i have to make a soccer player bubble man if this one goes well-:)

Panikos
03-18-2004, 10:39 AM
nice ;)

wizlon
03-18-2004, 10:54 AM
How did you manage to stop the Hypervoxels blending with each other?

stefuse
03-18-2004, 02:51 PM
hi veljko !

happy to see your new work here...!
nice colors and pose..
bubles render are great :D

see you later...

veljko
03-19-2004, 02:31 AM
Hi all!
@stefuse- glad to be here!:)
working on something new?

@wizlon- I made a couple of passes with smaler bubbles and smaller number of bubbles, then i rendered out a couple of bubbles and filled the gaps with them by cloning in photoshop-

thx to all-:)

veljko
03-22-2004, 07:43 AM
here is what the design artists done with it-
i cant say whether i like it or not-
I think the concept is cool, but not amediatly obvious-
the whole thing is on review tomorrow, so we will know then if the clients like it, and if they will go with this idea or not-
whish us luck-

p.s. sorry for the larg file-
:rolleyes:

Noclar7
03-22-2004, 08:07 AM
good stuff man,

only thing I see is the shorts bottom right leg, theres a area that seems a little thick, nothing too serious though, especially for your 24hr schedule :D

Good luck,

btw , is that beer any good?

veljko
03-22-2004, 08:21 AM
thx!:)

on a scale from 0 to 5 i would give it 3+ at best,
Its no Kilkenny if you know what i mean:)

stefuse
03-22-2004, 10:28 AM
hi veljko !

1) thx for your response.
2) The final touch with the background pictureis great
good harmony of colors !
3) yes i'mworking on news pictures...: new car but customized...lol and new architecturals and fairy tales render
i hope to show you dear ligtwavers our new pictures very soon !

see you later...

stefuse

/////////////////////////////////
www.art'fx-studio.com //
////////////////////////////////