PDA

View Full Version : Rendering?

Nova L
03-17-2004, 03:17 AM
^^; How do you render an image higher then 640x480 in layout?

tokiko
03-17-2004, 03:20 AM
Im not sure if this is right but just go into your camera properties and change the resolution. They have a list of options. Hope thats what your looking for.

digimassa
03-17-2004, 06:44 AM
:cool:
and feel free to have a look into your manual^^

Weetos
03-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Select the camera, press 'p' and set the resolution to what you want (VGA, SVGA, D1 ...). It wouldn't hurt if you were having a look to your manual, because it looks like you have never ever used LW, and trust me you won't go far if you don't know the basic stuff.

LW has a lot of hidden cool features that you're gonna miss ou misuse if you don't read the manual

Good luck

Kurtis
03-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Better than reading the paper manual, download and install the LightWave 3D [7.5] Help System from here (http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/product/7.5c/index.html).

Once installed, you open it in your web browser. It contains everything from the LightWave 7 paper manual, plus new and updated information for features changed/added in 7.5 and 7.5c. Plus, the entire thing is keyword searchable.

As a registered member of this forum, you can also access it online here (http://www.newtek.com/freestuff/lwhelp/index.html).

Nova L
03-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Actully this is my farthers Lightwave program I have installed and I have no idea where the manual is located. :\

I have tried to change the resolution via camra properties but it still ends up small... So I'm guessing I'm I shouldn't be using "Render Current Scene" or "Render Scene"?

Thanks for the links Kurtis~ X3

Kurtis
03-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Nova L,

The Help System I mentioned will tell you all this, but...

Type whatever numbers you want into Height and Width and hit Enter for each to lock them in. You will see Resolution change to Custom, and your renders will be in the size you have specified. Just be sure to save the Scene file to save the setting.

amon_g
03-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Also make sure you have the Render Display in Render Options set to something other than (none).

mattclary
03-17-2004, 05:10 PM
And maybe your dad knows where the manual is.