PDA

View Full Version : hypervoxels-HELP please

veljko
03-16-2004, 04:27 PM
is there a way i can make hypervoxels retain their ball shape when near other hypervoxels? I want to make bubbles with hypervoxels but when two or more hypervoxels are near eachother they morph into a bloob-
its urgent, i need to resolve this issue asap, so ANY help would be GREATLY apritiated!

thx-
help

scottn
03-17-2004, 12:46 AM
Do you have to do it with HV? An option is to create the particle effect you are after using an Emitter and then you can replace particles with a custom object. So model yourself a simple bubble and surface it correctly and then use that as your particle replace object. There should be a function that allows you to randomize the size of the object per particle.

Otherwise if you have to do it with HV, I'm not quite sure how to do it. There must be some option in the blending mode or the blending group that stops the HV's interacting.

Good luck.

wizlon
03-17-2004, 02:12 AM
I had this problem recently, and found no easy solution, this would be and should be very easy for Newtek to add.

The only solution I found was to put each point on seperate layers, but this is very tedious and time consuming.

SplineGod
03-17-2004, 02:46 AM
Theres a couple of things you can do.
Create a null and apply HVs to it. FX Link that to an emitter.
Another option was mentioned by Scott :)