PDA

View Full Version : problem with glow color

Johnny
03-16-2003, 12:24 PM
I am getting some nice glows on an object of mine, but can't seem to get the color of the glow to change..

my object began as red, then I changed its surface to a yellow, but when I do a real render, the glow is stubbornly still red...I've looked everywhere for more opportunities to impose yellow, but see the Color channel as the only place to input color.

any hints on this?

thanks!

Johnny

toby
03-16-2003, 04:32 PM
I can't figure out why you would get a red glow at all - I'm assuming you're using "glow intensity" under the advanced tab in the surface editor and "enable glow" under "Effects/Processing"- this is a post-process effect, so it draws the glow color from the pixels. Is there something else going on like lights or other filters?

Johnny
03-16-2003, 04:56 PM
My light is white, and my object (the glowing sphere) has a gold color.

quitting lightwave and re-launching the file seems to have fixed this, but since then, earth must have passed through a wonkiness bubble, because NOTHING was working!

it's almost laughable, but the Hub seems to have freaked out..nothing updated between Modeler and Layout (they weren't even seeing each other). this happened at the same time when shaders and glows weren't doing what they ought to..

so, I reinstalled the whole thing, and I'm going to try again.

I HOPE that the troubles I'm posting about are related to some mis-communication that re-installing the applications can solve.

oh, please, 3D gods...make this so!

Johnny

toby
03-16-2003, 06:58 PM
did you upgrade to 7.5b?

Johnny
03-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by toby
did you upgrade to 7.5b?

No! I was reading with horror all of the troubles people were having and decided to wait til the upgrader was fixed.

this is purely a 7.5 deal here...

J