PDA

View Full Version : CyrixInstead 6x86MX... whats the processor speed?

SamuraiSlayer
03-16-2004, 02:11 PM
a friend recently gave me this computer because she was cleaning out her basement. When i went to /program files/accessories/system tools/system information, it didnt tell a regular processor speed (in MHz), instead it says "CyrixInstead 6x86MX" and when i researched this a little on the net it seemed to be telling me it was something like a Pentium II, so iono. Does anyone know what the processor speed is? I want to know what its processor speed is so I can know for one thing if LW will work on it and some other programs too

ps: i dont see any brand name on the case, and no model #. the only thing i do see is a sticker that says "protek"... could it be the brand name?

i know this computer isnt too ancient because it actually has USB...

thx :)

winged-cat
03-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Not sure about the Cyrix.... but don't judge it's age by having USB. My very first PC (Oct 1996) was a Sony Vaio Pentium 166 - and it had USB.

Of course the manual only noted it as "Universal Serial Bus" with no other mention of what it was, how to use it, or what might be available for it. For a short while I thought it might have been Firewire - that was the new connection all the mags were talking about then. Does it not list a Mhz rating in eithe Windows or Bios?

SamuraiSlayer
03-17-2004, 01:11 PM
no there was no processor rating in either bios or windows but i just now installed sisoft sandra and found out that it is a 233mhz processor and it is upgradeable, but only to another cyrix. so thats what im left with...

thx anyways :) :)