PDA

View Full Version : Proton, don't think we've forgotten....

hrgiger
03-16-2004, 12:58 PM
With all this excitment over the last week or so, don't think we've forgotten about those LW8 vids. Keep em' coming...

(Proton is probalby playing with FPrime too....)

WilliamVaughan
03-16-2004, 01:21 PM
No promises on Vidz atthe moment....I havent forgotten either :)

I'm getting geared up for GDC at the moment :)

TSpyrison
03-16-2004, 01:27 PM
I think FPrime was strategically timed as to temporarily focus our piranha like mob mentality on something else for a small period of time…

:D

lede
03-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Yeah at least Proton got a break from us mongers asking for more demos. F-Prime was a nice distraction but it's time to learn more about LW8 and all the goodies they have put into it :)

-Lede

lasvideo
03-16-2004, 02:21 PM
What does GDC stand for? (heres a great setup for any humorists
on the thread.....though I really dont know what its stands for.)

meatycheesyboy
03-16-2004, 02:51 PM
game developers conference

nuclearchutney
03-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by lasvideo
What does GDC stand for? (heres a great setup for any humorists
on the thread.....though I really dont know what its stands for.)

Game Developer's Conference

lasvideo
03-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Rats! I thought it might stand for the General Distribution Center
that is preparing to send us all our LW 8 cds. Hey, SOMEBODY
had to take advantage of this oppotunity for some humor and levity!

mkiii
03-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Fprime? LW8?

....Oh yes.... 2 bits of software that I paid for up front & still dont have >:(

3DBob
03-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Is there a new version of Lightwave coming out?

Why didn't anyone tell me? ;)

:D :D :D :D

3DBob

cagey5
03-16-2004, 03:52 PM
When did you order yours mkiii? I was about 2:00pm on 11th Worley time. I think I've got some waiting to do yet.

TyVole
03-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I just bought it a few hours ago. I'm expecting it around siggraph ;).

wacom
03-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by TyVole
I just bought it a few hours ago. I'm expecting it around siggraph ;).

Sorry I'm not trying to be dense...but...

LW 8 or FPrime?

TyVole
03-16-2004, 04:24 PM
FPrime.

Although, who knows, I might be waiting for LW8 until siggraph as well ;).

badllarma
03-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by proton
No promises on Vidz atthe moment....I havent forgotten either :)

I'm getting geared up for GDC at the moment :)

Well I hope lightwave is going to kick some arse there and show them what is really is on the other side of that Max fence.
It would be sooooooo good to see more studios using Lightwave so the editors, mods etc can use lightwave files and objects etc.

And of course more jobs in the game studios for Lightwave artists :D

mkiii
03-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by cagey5
When did you order yours mkiii? I was about 2:00pm on 11th Worley time. I think I've got some waiting to do yet.

About 12.30 on the 10th - so hopefully, I'm nearing the front of the queue.

colkai
03-17-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by mkiii
About 12.30 on the 10th - so hopefully, I'm nearing the front of the queue.

OOhhh - heh, I've had mine since Sunday (gloat gloat.. ;) )

Don't worry - it's worth the wait, of course, remember to set aside a day just to play with it, you won't be able to help yourself :p

Also, the license e-mail takes only about 10 mins to get back, or at least, mine did, so once it's in - it don't take long. Coool! :cool:

mkiii
03-17-2004, 02:52 AM
Yahh! Boo Sucks! :/

I just got mine - now the wait for a license code.

All I need now is a copy of [8] - which if the 22nd of March theory is to believed should be in the process of CD replication & packaging right about now.

If that isn't the case, then I doubt we are going to see a LW8 heavy jiffy bag plopping onto the hall carpet any time soon.

WilliamVaughan
03-17-2004, 06:21 AM
I'ts a shame they didnt contact us

Originally posted by Oliver
Oh, speaking of GDC...
germanys premier game magazine just had a special issue about 3D animation. There were also some free softwares on DVD. We all know which there were:
Cinema 4D (german developer)
Maya PLE
Experience XSI

Well. What a pity...

Greets.
Oliver.

BNA!
03-17-2004, 06:29 AM
I'ts a shame they didnt contact us

It's a shame we don't even know the name of German's prime game mag...

mkiii
03-17-2004, 07:08 AM
Proton: LW still doesn't really figure too much in the games industry (no matter how hard I try to conver all those Max Luddites), so don't be too surprised.

Admittedly, it is used, by some people, I use it at work, but the majority are sticking to their Max & Maya seats.

FYI all the characters in the recent Firewarrior PS2 (....and PC) game, published by THQ were made (by yours truly) in LW, as were some of the levels & cutscenes.

anieves
03-17-2004, 08:01 AM
where's the link mk????;)

WilliamVaughan
03-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Awesome news...could you send us some more info about this....we would love ot spread the word!

Originally posted by mkiii
Proton:

FYI all the characters in the recent Firewarrior PS2 (....and PC) game, published by THQ were made (by yours truly) in LW, as were some of the levels & cutscenes.

evilemil
03-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Hi Proton,

speaking of games and you going to the gdc: I contacted you because of the game exporters for "Far Cry" the upcoming game from Crytek some weeks ago.
Keypeople from Crytek are at GDC (i think UBI Soft booth) and it would be a good opportunity to get in contact with them, if you are interested to get information about the gameexporting formats, the Cryengine engine supports.
At the moment it does not support LW...

If you have a minute to spare and you are in doubt, search for "Far Cry" on Google and have a look, whether it could be worth it developing an exporter for this engine ;)
We will almost 100% (from judging, what i was told) not do it, unless, we are flooded with millions of requests after release.

Michael

OFF
03-17-2004, 08:27 AM
....please, more about Cloth Dynamics in lw8...

WilliamVaughan
03-17-2004, 10:12 AM
I'll be on teh look out for Crytek and will try and meet with them...thanx for teh heads up!

pauhana
03-17-2004, 12:03 PM
We're using Renderware for our current game. Our last game used the Tony Hawk engine. The last company I worked at used Renderware as well. There hasn't been any support for Lightwave in the engine so I couldn't lobby for integrating Lightwave. Basically, our publisher (Activision) has a few game engines they have their developers use.

Titus
03-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Proton, I also haven't forgotted your new toy line, do you have more to show?

mav3rick
03-17-2004, 12:59 PM
proton if ya will be at GDC i will have surprise for ya carried by CROTEAM:) heheh they told me they will be on your both .... exciting!! i am happy newtek decided to go to GDC

mkiii
03-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Awesome news...could you send us some more info about this....we would love ot spread the word!

Wilco - incoming.
Oh & for the record - I didn't do the levels or cutscenes, just the characters & guns - just in case I get beaten up for misleading anyone :)

mouse_art
03-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Many mags, in Germany beliefs, that the D3 ingame models are created with maya(and not just animated) , thats first a public fault from gamestar.(insider just say Lamestar ...a joke ;) )

Why they contacted Softimage? ....the models in Half life 2 are created with XSI , at least say valve that.

Why they contacted Maxon?
Hmm i don't know, isn't maxon a german Company?

Games are propoganda for 3d Packages.
Few peoples be acquainted with LW/NT in europe.
It's a pity.

sorry for my bad english.

BNA!
03-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by mouse_art
Many mags, in Germany beliefs, that the D3 ingame models are created with maya(and not just animated) , thats first a public fault from gamestar.(insider just say Lamestar ...a joke ;) )

Always got to rember that online gaming journalists aren't the most tech savy people in the world.

I contacted a Gamestar writer about some errata and from there on we had a pretty good relationship when it comes to cover the techincal side of Doom3. Don't think you've read too many Doom3 tech related errors in Gamestar lately.

The problem is the insane amount of fansites often maintained by complete idiots who make up a rumour by sheer stupidity.

I could name you a few, especially German ones.

Most of them could't tell the difference between LightWave, MAYA, MAX and XSI even if these packages were creeping up their asses while singing and dancing their individual company song.

Gamesites are about the worst resources for good informations ever :)

Hope this may change some day.

mouse_art
03-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Gamestar was not the only mag. about this...

The problem is the insane amount of fansites often maintained by complete idiots who make up a rumour by sheer stupidity.

U mean doom3maps?, yes of course, but isn't the only one :D
I'm only a little Mod.(modelling board).

Hm Doom3world.org is a gamesite(ok editing resource) too , isn't ? ;)
But a great Site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@BNA
Sorry aber mein english so schlecht drum richte Ich schnell das Wort an dich auf Deutsch.

Ja Ich hab auch in manchen Mags diesen fehler(Und bei Gamestar wars nicht das erste mal) gesehn, aber naja Ich kaufe mir keine mags mehr, Ich schau mich auf den seiten der Entwickler um, lese plan files ect.

Ich hab keine probleme ,das Lightwave eher unbekannt in europe ist, schau dich mal in den foren um ,sobald gesagt wird ,ein 3d paket wurde für ein Game benutzt, wird's sich sofort gesaugt, das kotzt mich so gewaltig an ehrlich.

Speziel für leute wie der_Ton ,der sich die mühe macht ,für Blender nen exporter zu schreiben,aber die wenigsten würde nur ansatzweise daran denken ,blender zu benutzen(od. wing3d ect.) ,wieso ,weils ja freeware ist ,und und nichts können blabla.

Btw hast ihn immer noch nicht überreden können nen exporter für LW zu schreiben ? ;)

Übrigens weiss Ich bis heute nicht warum Du gekickt worden bist , von D3m.(würd mich mal interessieren)
Ein paar von D3m sind idioten, und haben das gefühl, Sie seien Gott naja egal...

Grüsse aus der Schweiz.

BNA!
03-20-2004, 07:15 AM
U mean doom3maps?, yes of course, but isn't the only one :D
I'm only a little Mod.(modelling board).

Don't mean anything.

Hm Doom3world.org is a gamesite(ok editing resource) too , isn't ? ;)
But a great Site.

Thanks.
But even we can only make more or less educated guesstimations.
More often than not we're right, but we would never claim that we post facts.

It's just a small site for people who are interested in Doom3 technology.
Don't think we have one single active thread talking about the game called "Doom3".

Eventually it's more a geeky nerd site for artist or something like that.

Thank god we don't have people posting ther computer specs and 3D mark scores...

mouse_art
03-20-2004, 09:47 AM
people who are interested in Doom3 technology.

Me too.

Don't think we have one single active thread talking about the game called "Doom3".

Why, i should think something like ? :(

Sorry my mistake , i'm a registered member, on Doom3world.org "aRKeycH", but i've reading, and reading, and don't post anything, I hope u unterstand me, the reason about this, is my bad english exp.

Some time ago i have complete rewritten the basic menu gui ,without any help, in 4 hour, but i had really Fun with this stuff.

Eventually it's more a geeky nerd site for artist or something like that.

Hmm, don't know say about this, and it's not bad. ;)

BNA!
03-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Why, i should think something like ?

Got me wrong buddy, I should've said "I don't think...".

Check your private messages here - they fill you in on the other issue.

mouse_art
03-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Oh hoops Yes thanks.

But anyway, the future of Doom3(+ editing) is bright. :)

Thanks for reply.