PDA

View Full Version : Another Audio Question

techdirwilson
03-16-2003, 10:45 AM
We run audio out from the PA Mix out to a sound board for distribution to tv's and our sanctuary for video from a vcr. However after recording a video clip with sound and trying to playback through TED or DDR I can see audio on the channel TED & DDR are assigned to going but get no sound out to our sound board. I got it to work once. We do have the latest build. Otherwise all is working well. Any help would be great.:cool:

Faraz
03-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Maybe PA out doesn't send computer generated signals out, I'm not sure...

ScorpioProd
03-16-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm relatively sure PA would not send out computer generated audio at all.

The whole purpose of PA is that it is a direct out from the BOB input that does NOT send the audio through the computer first, and therefore eliminates the delay inherint in doing so.

Keith Gandy
03-16-2003, 02:41 PM
You can get computer generated sound to play through the PA mix, but you will first have to turn off the "live" switch. Once that is done, then it will work. Then you will have to turn it back on once you go back to the live signal.

Faraz
03-16-2003, 04:52 PM
So you couldn't mix a live source and a computer generated one...

Keith Gandy
03-17-2003, 12:27 AM
You can mix the sources from live input and computer generated as long as the "live" button is not activated. Once it is activated channels 9-16 on the audio mixer are by-passed on the PA-mix outputs.

That would only be logical - the signal processed through the VT2 audio is delayed so that it is synced with the video signal. To get an audio signal output without a delay, it would have to by-pass the vt2 audio processing. Since channels 9-16 are reliant on the vt2 processing, they are sent subsequent to the cut-off point of the "live" switch. At least that is the way we are explaining it to our techies.

techdirwilson
03-17-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks all for your help. I won't be back to our church until Wed, but I will give it a try then. Thanks again