PDA

View Full Version : Another one? Yes.. another Resource site..

chco2
03-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Hiya!

Just dropped in to let you all know we've started the Benelux Lightwave Resource (BLR) site. (don't worry.. it's all English).
Most of the design and layout is finished. Now all it needs is people and content.

We've added some stuff I haven't seen in other sites and these are some options that were requested.

We started the site mainly because there isn't a resource site based in the Benelux ;-)

Some of the kewl stuff:
- An intelligent search option (still in progress, but it works.. should be online before end of the week (my vacation ;-) ).
Just typ in your keywords and our own search engine will show only hits from previousy entered urls of Lightwave specific sites.
We're in the progress of letting you add your own urls to the search engine.

- Live content (besides the search engine).
Sites that aren't dependable on adds can be partly shown in our BLR site (e.g. just the Latest news section, or latest tutorials etc..)
Other options are showing live RSS feeds from the major Graphic sites.. Imagine.. all the latest news one 1 page just by selecting some options.

- off course: Tutorials (now mostly links); objects (put in some objects that are kewl and free.. but seen before.. Looking for original content...; Downloads; Links; Addresses; Gallery; Forum; etc..

Looking for a couple of moderators too if things get a bit busy.

Possibility for graphic artists to sell their work/objects/etc.. (not operational yet, but possible if needed)

I'm forgetting stuff, but hey.. drop in and have a look.
You won't see much (nothing actually) untill you register (it's free.. no worries!)

Hope it can become a small community.

Cheers,
Charly
Editor BLR

DarkLight
03-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Very nice, except you forget the web address :D

I did a quick search on google and got http://www.designburo.nl/lightwave which i assume is the correct site.

Hervé
03-16-2004, 12:28 AM
Benelux.... living in Luxembourg... interesting !

Later:D

chco2
03-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by DarkLight
Very nice, except you forget the web address :D

I did a quick search on google and got http://www.designburo.nl/lightwave which i assume is the correct site.

Hi!
Grr... you're right.. forgot the url :D
The one you posted is the correct link, but http://lightwave.designburo.nl is perhaps a bit easier to remember.

We are actually looking for a domainname to use, but haven't got a good one yet.. ;-)

chco2
03-17-2004, 01:12 AM
Thanks all for registering!
There's now approx. 27 new members (in one day!), for a site that been up less than 48 hrs :-) Great!

Just a quick update..
- More Tutorial links will be placed today (need also some fresh new ones, so if anyone feels inspired?)..
- Dean A. Scotts Lightwave History page will be included as well (with his kind permission).
- Please fill up the links section to all your websites.
- If you own companies, an address module will be installed today so everyone can find your address details once you've filled them in.

That's about it for today.
Cheers,

Charly

chco2
03-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Over 40 members.. nice :-) Hope they will keep visiting us as well :D

- The live search engine is working and will be available tomorrow.
- A couple of tutorials have been added also

I'll be up to my knees in snow as off Friday 'till the next saturday, so one of our moderators will be handling thing while I'm gone.

Thanks all.

Cheers,
Charly

chco2
04-09-2004, 01:14 AM
Hi again!

With now well over 50 members ( it's a start ;-) ) and some nice content, the site is starting to get some body.
The Live Search engine is completely online (give it a spin, you'll like it), as is the RSS feeds and other LiveContent Lightwave Information.

We also have some really (and I mean really) nice W.I.P. shots from a very talented guy.. astonishing work.

An Amazon section has been created.. showing you all the Lightwave products available at Amazon on one screen. (currently filtered to show only books).

There are some more little things I'm forgetting, but just pop in and have a look..

Ade
04-09-2004, 01:42 AM
Whats your sites prime directive?

chco2
04-12-2004, 02:41 PM
(sorry for the late response.. just got back from holidays..)

Well.. it started off as being a Resource for Lightwave for the Benelux, 'cause there's none as yet..
But after speaking to some of you guys.. a resource site that has 'live search options' and some live news/link features was highly welcomed, so we are now aiming at becoming a Lightwave site that should satisfy every Lightwave user.. from beginners to advanced users.. and regardless of their origin.

Just have a look and if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know..

Originally posted by Ade
Whats your sites prime directive?