PDA

View Full Version : DSK Graphics - 720x480 or 720x486?

tarkken
03-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi. I'm writing away from my VT, as it's locked in a trailer somewhere. In preparation for another show, I'm trying to pass on optimum image sizes for the next client. I've been downstream keying graphics, and words with transparent photoshop files in a 2nd DDR.

Do you recommend a DSK image size of 720x486, or 720x480? I think I've tried both, but never had the time to really look at the differences, or research the correct answer. I'm putting my money on 486, but I lose every bet I make...

Also - any other graphic format suggestions would be very much appreciated (rather than Photoshop transparents, etc) We run into Powerpoint slides often that people bring in the day of the show. Any suggestions on a quick way to port them over to the Toaster, load into a DDR, and key away? In a pinch so far, we've been scan converting that machine, and doing a chroma key - so we can key, but ultimately not downstream.

Your advice is always appreciated my friends.

Thanks,

Shawn

Paul Lara
03-15-2004, 08:25 PM
...486 lines is NTSC broadcast specification, and what VT[3] prefers.

dysiu
03-20-2004, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure if that's what you need, but you can save Power Point presentations as jpeg, png or gif files (I assume with transparent color). I don't know if you can set the resolution of those files or is it just screen resolution but you can batch convert them in the worst case. Hope it helps.

bradl
03-21-2004, 12:50 AM
And Microsoft has a free PPT converter program someone listed a link for a while back...