PDA

View Full Version : I need to put dvcam footage into power point

ken07
03-15-2004, 11:56 AM
I have a client that wants me to take some of the DVcam footage I have and make it available in a avi file for hiim to imbed into a power point presentation.
How would I do this and what format would power point have to have? He wants me to either email the file (4 15 second clips) or burn it to a cd for him. PLEASE HELP. thanks, KEN
[email protected]

John Fornasar
03-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Still using Powerpoint 97 here, accepts .avi's with no problem...

they don't "embed"... I keep them in the same folder as the presentation to keep things neat (Powerpoint will look in the current folder if you move things around).

Go to your slide, and use "Insert" - Movies and Sound - Movies from file

now using the Custom Animation tools, you can have it start automatically, on a click, and using the Additional Options, you can loop your clips continuously.

You can resize the clip in powerpoint if needed.

I believe the newer versions of Powerpoint will allow .mpegs etc to be put in there.

If you don't otherwise know, I'd save them out as Cinepak codec only because most window machines should have it as a default installation.

hunter
03-17-2004, 07:14 PM
we use mpgs for clients all the time. If you want higher quality use something like divx. power point will play just about anything as long as the host computer has the right codec installed.

ken07
03-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Thank you!