PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch Lite problem

serge
03-16-2003, 08:04 AM
Hello,

New user here.

I loaded a featured scene in Lightwave (7.5) called "Sas_braid". It's a chain where long hair should be rendered from the beginning until the end of the chain, by Sasquatch Lite.

It seems though that it's only rendering at the beginning of the chain. I've got this training DVD (Surface Two, by Desktop Images) where this guy (Brad Peebler) is showing what to do, and he get's the whole chain rendered. I did everything exactly like he did, and also the parameters in the Sasquatch properties are exactly the same.

Thank for your help.

Serge

chilledaqua
03-24-2003, 08:48 PM
it's possible that it might be an animation and that the braide grows over time? I'm not sure. check the hair length. it might have something to do with that. check what it looks like if you advance frames and then render that frame.

SilverPlum
03-26-2003, 07:35 AM
Are you using a MAC? I am having the same problem using the LW7.5 content example "SAS_Braid.lws"

Lamont
03-26-2003, 10:36 PM
Check the scale of your objects.

hrgiger
03-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Lamont could be right on. Make sure your object isn't scaled too high. This can make a difference on what your rendering looks like.

Marcus
03-28-2003, 12:18 AM
It is not a scale problem. The problem is that saslite not
allow more than about 26 point in one hair polyline.
I don't know why this limitation is not mention anywere.
Try to reduce the point count on the polylines to 26 and
it will render full lenght but will not look so smooth anymore.

Marcus

serge
03-29-2003, 03:27 AM
Yes, that's it. It's the limitation in SasLite. They should have mentioned it in the tutorial, especially because the tutorial also used a version of SasLite (beta v0.1)! Would have saved me some time. And they shouldn't put tutorial scenes in Lightwave for which you need an extra commercial product to buy.

Thanks for your responses.

Serge