PDA

View Full Version : Object loads in Layout but not Modeler??

Arogg3
03-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Got a few weeks work in a character animation object for a commercial project I am doing... Today when trying to slip over to Modeler and make some changes, I got good ole Dr. Watson trying to load it from Modeler's pulldown menu of things currently in Layout. I have done most all of the normal things (reboot - rename - etc). It just seems odd that Layout can load the object in it's scene file or individually... and display and/or render it just fine.. But Modeler all of a sudden can't do anything with it except put in a call to that darn ole Dr. Watson. (PC w/W2000pro using latest LW).

Any general ideas on what to look for or do?? This is the first time I ever had a problem I couldn't readily blame on myself haha.

thanks

bloontz
03-14-2004, 06:02 PM
I've had that problem with a plugin attached to model. I think Ogo Hikari was the culprit a few times but I believe there were others. I was able to remove the plug in layout and save from there then the object would load in modeler.

Arogg3
03-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the reply...
I did just recently slap my UVeditPro plug-in for prebuying 8 in the mix... i will remove it. thanks

bloontz
03-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Actually I meant plugins that are attached to your model, like shaders. I don't think UVEditPro would be the problem, unless you used it on the model and that corrupted the file somehow.