PDA

View Full Version : Please keep those old Lightwave 7 tutorials

Beamtracer
03-14-2004, 04:39 PM
When Lightwave 8 is released it will make some of the tutorials on Newtek's website obsolete.

I hope that Newtek still keeps all the old tutorials online. Maybe the obsolete ones could be placed in a "Lightwave 7" tutorials section.

jamesl
03-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Newtek is one of the better companies when it comes to legacy products. I'm sure they'll cover it.

cheers,

j

Meaty
03-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Beam, already anticipating a buggy OSX release of 8 are we? ;) :p

seriously though, definatly a good idea.

WilliamVaughan
03-14-2004, 08:52 PM
All the old tuts will stay as many of them are still valid......and we will still have users of 7.5

But we will start a new section for Lightwave Eight!

riki
03-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey Beam, they're all still good.

Call me obsessive but my collection of downloaded LW tuts has passed the 7Gig Mark.

Beamtracer
03-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by proton
All the old tuts will stay as many of them are still valid......and we will still have users of 7.5

But we will start a new section for Lightwave Eight!
Thanks, Proton. It's good to know that the old tutes will be retained, while a new section for LW8 tutes will be started.

I'm always a bit conservative when I upgrade to new software. For a long time I had LW7 on the hard drive at the same time as LW7.5, before making the upgrade. I just do slow transitions.

Riki, you have so many tutorials they must be coming out of your ears! 7 gigs is a lot of tutes! Be careful you don't explode!

claymation
03-16-2004, 01:30 PM
HA!

I got 8 gigs and it is still growing.

Damn simplylightwave.com and buzz.com, and lets not forget Splinegod who takes up most of my drive with all his training material and coourseware. There is just too much good material out there.

:D

I probably got 20 gigs of VTMs on my computer for various software. That does not include a small shelf of training material for lightwave as well.

I think I've become a VTM junky. LOL

They need to invent a piece of software that can go through the dialogue and index it so I can search different topics.

I have them roughly broken up but it is getting harder and harder to find things.

art
03-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by jamesl
Newtek is one of the better companies when it comes to legacy products. I'm sure they'll cover it.

j

James, I sense irony in your comment ;)