PDA

View Full Version : Mousebutton Mayhem...

blabberlicious
03-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Do any of you foolish enough to own A Microsoft Mice (in my case an Intellimouse USB Optical) know how to assign the fabulous Intellipoint Control panel to call up up the Lightwave 'Middle' and Right Button Menus'.

Never been able to summon them, and MS Control panel doesn't seen to have an equivalent for Middle Button.

I'd live to be able to hit the Scroll Button to instantly pull up a favourites list.

Any help appreciated.

blabberlicious
03-14-2004, 12:14 PM
here the Interface with no Middle Button option

tingham
03-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Same boat, sorry. Love to know how this is done.

cagey5
03-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Well I have an optical USB Microsoft Intellimouse and I've never had a problem or had to set anything. I just hold down ctl shft and click whichever mouse button.. works with all three for me. I'm running win XP pro. Don't know if that makes a difference.

cagey5
03-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Ah. Just realised this is the Mac forum. That's the problem with just reading new threads I don't always see the section it's from. Ignore all of the above!

blabberlicious
03-14-2004, 01:50 PM
I knew I should have made some more cheap-*** PC wise cracks......

Is there a 3rd part app that might do it?

bloontz
03-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Is USB Overdrive still around? You could try that. I don't have a MS mouse so I can't check the problem.

toby
03-14-2004, 05:58 PM
USB Overdrive is what you need. I have a Logitech mouse and I can even do a middle-button-lasso-select in Layout like the PC kids. Tons of options too, you can even set mouse buttons to behave different in different programs.

And yea, the Intellimouse isn't intelligent - it's a cheap POS

Blackeye
03-14-2004, 08:32 PM
I had the same problem with my logitech trackman II.

I ended up removing the Logitech driver and letting OSX control the mouse. Now the middle button works.

G :)

tingham
03-14-2004, 09:18 PM
I just manually removed USB Overdrive, $20 and it doesn't track mouse drags correctly. I didn't buy it, thank heavens.

I did however, through having to manually remove the MS drivers also, upon reinstalling them, the ctrl+shift+scroll wheel now works.

I'm petrified of opening the MS control panel and somehow killing whatever flag it is that got set to fix the problem.

Try manually removing your MS drivers /System/Library/Extensions and the Prefs Pane, then reinstall from the latest on the MS website.

-thomas

SeptemberSnow
03-15-2004, 12:28 PM
I never had any problems with the Microsoft Intellipoint setup.

I made a custom setup for modeler with
right and left button unchanged
center button activates shift to drop tools
forward on the scroll to change to Points
backward on the scroll to change to polygons
third button for u to undo
and forth button for Control T to drag

I made a custom setup also for layout, but only added the u key for undo on the third mouse button. I like being able to select bones in layout by holding down the middle mouse button.

Lately I've changed to using the 4d mouse with my wacom tablet with the same setup. That is a bit more convenient for me, and not done because of any problem with the microsoft five button mouse. I never had any trouble summoning up the menus.

I had no problems under panther or any of the previous operating systems.

It's worth working it out. I would feel lost if I couldn't use a five button mouse.

toby
03-15-2004, 10:16 PM
USB Overdrive should work with the (un)Intellimouse, and if it's anything like the pc's drivers, Intellimouse' software doesn't let you combine a key command with a mouse click - you can't do a 'shift-click' or 'option-click' with 1 button. Very annoying.

FUSION301
03-16-2004, 08:11 AM
I use that mouse and the 5 button version, all my buttons are configed per application. You should be able to make anybutton any key combination you want. change the settings from gloabal to modeler or Layout and pict the buttons you want then when you open that app, they will be set for that program..If Im understanding you right, I have 3 cpus all with microsoft intelli mouse. you dont need usb overdrive just the the driver from MS website.owrks under os9 and later