PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen in Layout

Flat
03-16-2003, 04:10 AM
Hi folks,
Some time ago Layout (7.5) started to throw me some blue screens, saying "nv4_disp got stuck in an infinite loop", always when rotating the view with the Alt Key (in perspective view).
Anybody else got this ?
While trying to find out who the culprit may be, I changed my drivers from old 30.82 to 41.09 and it didn't change a thing. :confused:

I'm under XP, with a GF4 4400 (the Leadtek one) plugged on a Tyan Tiger MPX w/ 2 athlons 1800+.

If anybody experienced the same error I'd be glad to know as this... well... sucks a lot.

Phil, who'd like to know if his machine is going South.

WCameron
03-16-2003, 06:38 AM
ah yes the good old Infininte Loop Error....

You know I dont hitnk they ever got to the bottom of it, but it was some kind of lnk between the Nvidia Chipsets (Geforce cards)
and VIA cips on the motherboard.

Try updating the drivers for the Geforce card, and updating the
VIA P4X266 drivers.
or possibly going back some versions.

- Will.

Zafar Iqbal
03-16-2003, 06:45 AM
I solved this problem by using very very old drivers. I tried a bazzillion different thing, so plz, dont ask for any details. I have it all mixed up by now :p

Flat
03-16-2003, 07:41 AM
Ok, thanks guys !
I don't think I'll reinstall old-old drivers as I need the newer ones for other things.
A hitch in VIA / NVidia dialogue wouldn't surprise me indeed, but this motherboard is all AMD. Oh well, I'll live with it and save even more often. ;)

Phil, who must have missed the threads about this bug.