PDA

View Full Version : which video card for 3 monitor?

Ecravero
03-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Hello!

I search graphic card for multi-display ( 3 monitors ) for LW and VT3, Matrox Parhelia is poor, Quadro NVS with 4 outpout is not for Open-Gl and 3d acceleration, there is card for multi-display with open Gl or Direct-x support?It is possible install N-vidia dual display in AGP port and another in a PCI port for 3 display?

I have read many thread but i ave not find solution.

Thanks!::

Bushmsn
03-16-2004, 08:55 AM
You should contact nvidea to see if the driver will span three drives.

Bushmsn
03-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Ok three Monitors.

JesusLovesU
03-21-2004, 10:22 PM
Dual-Monitor Display is more than enough. You get the best proportion between viewing real-estate and mouse-movement usability.

Most of taday graphic cards have only 2 DACs integrated...

In video editing or 3d graphics & animation, the "third" monitor should always be your VERY normal TV (for which most of us own) for color checking, as well as giving us a glimpse of the final output.

Unless you're into gaming and financial-analysis industries, getting more than 2 displays will make you suffer!

VeTTe
03-25-2004, 03:28 PM
For a 3 monitor setup i'd recommend the Matrox P750. It's very adaptable to whatever your needs may be at the time. you can do a 3 monitor setup or set it up as 2 monitors and have the 3rd as a television for output previewing (most common for video systems). but to answer your question about using 2 seperate cards to get multiple displays...yes you can.
if you wanted to get matrox 750 (3 monitors) and add another dual head pci card you could then run a total of 5 monitors. hope this helps.

JesusLovesU
03-25-2004, 10:06 PM
Gary, I don't think that will likely work in Microsoft Windows, even I haven't try it out. Maybe I was too Outdated :p

Ecravero
03-26-2004, 06:39 AM
Thank you for your information!
I will 3 monitors for display multiview camera for live switching in VT 3

I will buy a new computer ( still 2 week ) for VT3 and LW and i will buy Nvidia fx5950 and i will add another video card in PCI slot, after tests i give you results in this forum.

Several people say to me that work!

VeTTe
03-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Ya that will work fine for you that way. the 5950 is an AGP card (of course) and adding a 2nd card in a pci slot will work fine. I'm the Tech. Dept. Manager for a system integrator and we use this method to get multi display systems fairly often. largest display set up to date was for a 12 monitor system (the guy is a daytrader on the stock market). but i think you'll find it fairlysimple to set up. good luck.

Epic_Wind
03-30-2004, 09:12 AM
PCI card is how I have done dual monitors all the way back from when 98SE was released.

Question I have here thought with VT3 how will that "low end" pci card affect my performence in VT3 primarily in rendering?

In my machine I have a Radeon 9700 AIW.
I want to add a 64meg Gforce 2 MX400 PCI card I have laying around.

Will VT3 only use my Radeon to render?
Will the PCI kill my performence?

Thanks for your help.

Bushmsn
03-30-2004, 09:41 AM
Hello First thing rendering is a cpu & ram thing so there will be no lose. Also I scene on tech tv that appian cards are the king of multi display.

Bushmsn
03-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Check out this card. I do not know the price.

Bushmsn
03-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Buy.co has them at 535.00 not cheap