PDA

View Full Version : *!* Is There a New Patch to the Patch?

tarkken
03-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Hello. Sbates had mentioned specific filesizes on his download of the patch that didn't match, compared to follow-up downloads.

My 'first' Patch 3 download (filename: VT3P4909us) was the same as as his - 98,237,588 bytes. Note the filename.

After reading his post, I downloaded again. The filename now is: VT3PatchUS2 (note the 2), and the filesize is: 98,240,958, matching Sbates 2nd download and note. He had chalked it up to a bad download.

I have to wonder if Newtek has revised the patch already - I don't recall seeing any notice about it from Newtek, or subsequent advice.

Newtek or anyone - Please advise. I updated our switcher to the patch last night on a break because we were having RS/8 problems, based on tech support's recoomendation The patch VT3p4909us seemed to install okay, but I was getting nasty errors when running newtekrtme.exe. We have effectively entered our switching capability (so far) with a fresh reboot, and going straight into VT3 (no other side flush utilities being run)

Now it looks like there may be a new patch/Filesize: VT3p4909us2.

My switcher is in front of 4000 people today, all day. I'd like to know if there is indeed a new patch version, what the reasons are, and what I should do to uninstall/reinstall the first patch I downloaded and installed (VT3P4909us) - if indeed I should.

Please, Please, Please, Please advise.

Shawn

RomainR
03-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Yes the second patch is different from the first one.

The first one had issues with givng a bad avi wrapper, that's all I know for that.

I just downloaded it and uninstalled the first patch and then installed the new one and all is fine and dandy for me.

Scott Bates
03-13-2004, 03:05 PM
I can't answer your questions Shawn, but you pointed a salient little fact that I didn't notice - my second download that I referred to in the post you reference is the VT3PatchUS2 patch; thanks for pointing it out. Have company visiting so haven't tried installing it yet. Hope your all day switch worked without any glitches.

Scott

Paul Lara
03-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Correct.
We fixed the AVI wrapper problem in Upate 3, and then changed out the download to fetch 4909US2.exe

tarkken
03-13-2004, 07:16 PM
For those of us that installed the pre 'US2' patch (the first version of patch 3), what do you recommend for uninstall/reinstall patch steps. Uninstall the patch, and then reinstall the new 'US2' patch, or uninstall VT3 completely, and go from there. I know there were card core updates in the patch, so I don't know where I stand on reverting, reinstalling, etc.

Detailed directions and advice would be very appreciated.

PS - the remaining shows went off without a hitch, and it appears as though the newtekrtme.exe command is working with my install (the first version of patch 3). I must have run it too quickly after boot-up.

Looking forward to final advice, and what looks to be the promise of a solid build.

Thanks again.

Rich Deustachio
03-13-2004, 09:01 PM
I just uninstalled the older version3 patch and installed the newer version3 patch.

Paul Lara
03-14-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by tarkken
Looking forward to final advice, and what looks to be the promise of a solid build.

Yes, uninstall Build 4909, and then install the newer version.
Core updates will remain in place.