PDA

View Full Version : Update3 and TMPGEnc+

Norman
03-13-2004, 12:06 AM
I am extremely pleased with this latest update, in terms of TEd, but now I am experiencing the rearranging of panels in Aura and the thing that most concerns me, which is TMPGEnc+ will not load projects created using update3. I loaded a known good project into VT3, did a 'save as', with a new name, and it would not load into TMPGEnc+, while the identicle project, saved under update2 works fine. Anyone else experience this? :confused:

Norman
03-13-2004, 12:08 AM
That would be 'identical', sorry. :o

ScorpioProd
03-13-2004, 01:24 PM
I've experienced some of this as well, but there are other problems even if it loads, which "some" will for me.

I strongly recommend rendering out to the format of your choice, mine is Type-2 DV, and then TMPGEnc encoding from that.

Paul Lara
03-13-2004, 03:44 PM
The AVI wrapper implemention was not properly installed in Update 3, so we have uploaded a new version, 4909US2.exe.

Untistall Update 3 and download and install the newer version.

Marty01
03-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey Eugene,

What are the other problems you are referring to about encoding from project files? I thought this latest patch fixed things such as the black line down the right side of the image and the DVE issues. Any better quality to save as an avi file and then encode versus rendering to a DV Type 2 and then encoding to MPEG2 ?

Thanks,
Marty

ScorpioProd
03-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Marty,

Don't feel bad, I thought the same...

But I don't want to cry "the sky is falling" if it's just me, so please try the following:

Take any VT[3] project video consisting of DV clips firewired into the VT[3] as the source and encode a couple of seconds of it with the plug-in to TMPGEnc and then do the same after rendering it out to a Type-2 DV file first. Then compare the two. You'll see a big difference in many ways. But seriously, do please try it, I'm interested to see if you and anyone else that does this test gets the same results I did.

As for rendering to AVI, what type of AVI do you mean? Type-2 DV is an AVI. Assuming you mean an uncompressed AVI or RTV, if you have the space, it certainly won't hurt your quality to do that. Will it help your quality for the MPEG encoding? Some would say it will, I say it won't make a noticable difference, it's one of those things people don't agree on.

Marty01
03-14-2004, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the reply Eugene. Most everything I deal with is vhs that people bring me and goes in as a svideo signal. My DVCPro 250H doesn't have the firewire option so when I do play minidv it has to go in as svideo also, although I rarely have to do that. So in this case since I'm not recording as DV clips (I always use RTV) is there a problem with the plug-in and TMPGenc just using the project file ?

Thanks,
Marty

ScorpioProd
03-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Honestly, I could so live with my VT[3] having a USB dongle instead of the VT card... I haven't used the analog I/O in sooo long.

I would think the problem is still there for projects that aren't DV clips, but I honestly don't know for sure.

So again, it's a relaxing Sunday, try the test I suggested. :)

edmellnik
03-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Well WIth PAtch 3 and even the new patch 3 (4909US2),
I still have problems with the rendering of projects with Tmpge.

Here is what it does. The open of the program is a CG white letters on Black. three lines of text. pretty large.

Before I went to patch 3 I had a bueatiful render.
After Patch 3 the middle line of the CG is blurred.

I went back to patch 2 and everything is fine again with this problem.

Sounds wierd I know...but maybe it will make sense to someone
back at Newtek.

See attached files

edmellnik
03-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Could not figure out how to attach two pictures.
Here is the Patch 2 render. Clear as a bell.

ed

mgrusin
03-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Very odd. Wild-***** guess, maybe a 480 vs. 486 height problem?

Seems that some patch issues are coming from the preferences being reset (or new defaults?) Maybe some setting in there is creating off-spec output.

Good luck solving it, -MG.