PDA

View Full Version : single pane in Modeler?

Heimhenge
03-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Every time I try to go to single pane view mode in Modeler, and sometimes even when I try to drag one pane to maximum size, the program hangs, generates an error message, and shuts down.

Is this a known bug in LW7.5? Running W2K on an AMD 1800 w/1G DDR.

evenflcw
03-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Most likely an openGL issue, tell us what graphics card you got.

Heimhenge
03-15-2003, 10:36 PM
ATI Radeon AIW w/32M. Already got the latest drivers. You're gonna tell me I need a better card, right?

evenflcw
03-16-2003, 07:34 AM
Not necessarily. Although many that have ATI seem to report problems with openGL. I would suggest you first search the old forums for solutions. Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right driver. For example, even with Nvidia chipbased cards some versions of the Detonator drivers work better than others. Sometimes picking an earlier release, instead of the very latest might resolve issues. I guess this is because many of the so called gaming cards are getting there drivers optimised with gameplay in mind and not professional applications.

Heimhenge
03-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I hear what you're saying about "gaming cards" vs. "designing cards" ... i.e., nobody ever uses the latter term. At least nobody in sales.

Hard to tell if it's a driver issue without uninstalling the latest upgrade from ATI (Jan 2003 I think) which I installed about the same time I started using LW. I got DX9 at somewhere around there too.

I'll look around more in the forums for some tips. But, you know, I've been wanting to get a better card anyway ... something with a dual head output for another display. Any tips about what to look for would be appreciated, though I'm sure I find more of that in the forums too. Thanks.