PDA

View Full Version : questions about lw 8

TIMMYLYNN
03-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Can anyone tell me if Lightwave 8 will accept Poser file formats? or if it is going to include MIMIC 2 pro plugin for lw?

I am considering purchasing some of these other programs but if they are included with 8 that would be a mistake.

Does anyone know.......

I think I read something about a limited speech capablities and better cloth dynamics. Would the better cloth dynamics affect clothes actually made in modeler that are exported to other apps or would the better cloth dynamics only apply to the actual cloth used in Lightwave only?

I was considering purchasing Greenbriars plugin and the Mimic 2 Pro plugin. Would these be more beneficial to me for creating new content for poser than the upgrade to 8?

Any suggestions greatly apprecitated.

Regards

TIMMYLYNN

Silkrooster
03-12-2004, 09:58 PM
At this point I don't know what is instore between Lightwave and poser. However you may also wish to ask this question at DAZ's website. There is a rumor over there that DAZ and Newtek are trying to make some kind of deal. So it is possible Lightwave will have some of the plugins that DAZ has created. Who knows maybe Daz created a watered down version of mimic, like Worley did with Saslite. I wouldn't be suprised if Lightwave and Daz Studio were able to save to each others file format.
At this point this is only guessing, but it sure would be nice. At this point I think it would be wise to wait and see what comes with LW8 and then purchase whatever plugin's you need.;)
I have not heard any rumors of Curious Labs and Newtek making any deals though. If anybody heard anything PLEASE... Helps us both out.:(

neostarbuck
03-13-2004, 10:47 AM
A demo version of Mimic 2.0 Pro will be included with Lightwave 8.

Newtek and DAZ signed an agreement last year to cooperate on a range of initiatives from technology exchange to marketing. Some of the DAZ technology will be integrated into Lightwave 8 and Poser figure import functionality will be available around the time the LW8 ships.

There are also a couple of other surprises that you'll find out about when you receive the LW8 release.

You can download the Mimic 2.0 Pro version now at:

http://www.daz3d.com/mimic/

youandwhosarmy
04-16-2004, 06:49 AM
Greenbriarstudios also hint of interesting additions in LW8. Apparently they are responsible for the morph mixer. Their cr2 loader allows poser characters to be imported into and re-rigged in lw. Maybe a version of that will be included??

The news about daz and newtek is also interesting. Daz content is really good, and it would be great to see a solid partnership between the two.

youandwhosarmy
04-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Reiss Studio is working on a plugin for lightwave. One of Daz Studio's first plugins is apparently for lightwave import/export.

Daz uses Lightwave to make most of their stuff. Some of the scripts/plugins they wrote to make their lives easier have ended up in LW8.

Some kind of support for Poser/Daz figures is inevitable.

tudor
04-19-2004, 12:54 AM
With all these different companies contributing with their own little part to LW, LW seems more and more like the Linux of 3D apps ;)

But seriously, isn't this good! Someone makes something good, Newtek picks it up, and integrates it a bit more. The feature/product is already production tested, and now integrated.. The product became popular at first by being a product that people wanted.