PDA

View Full Version : Joan of Arc from Max tut

ClingFree
03-15-2003, 08:34 PM
I thought I would see how Lightwave would do on the Joan of Arc tutorial for Max. I still need to texture and add weight maps. I'm sure the arms will look better when I add the weight maps and they keep their volume. It was boned in about 10 minutes with ACS4. The eyes are just temporary spheres for now. I have the skirt done too, but I am waiting until I finish everything else before I add MD. It was fun even for a newb like me. What do you think?
I edited the top to put the latest pic at the beginning.

mgreenway
03-16-2003, 12:26 AM
I like her.
I think a girl of her size would pick up a lighter weapon.
keep posting and more importantly keep having fun
M

artmarci
03-16-2003, 10:31 AM
I like it to...small woman small weapon???comonnnn!!!keep that girl power up wil ya hehe...

hope to c more of her in the future
cya

Kuzey
03-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Wonderful!!!

I always liked that tutorial.

Kuzey

lord
03-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Kinda cute,
The waist and arms are way to skinny. She'd never hold her torso up with a waist like that.

Close ups please.

mmecca
03-17-2003, 09:25 AM
wow...ive never heard of this joan of arc tutorial, any links?

ClingFree
03-17-2003, 09:58 AM
I appreciate the comments. The tutorial is by Michel Roger. The english version of the tut is at www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp (http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp) . I agree mgreenway...I sized the sword down. The arms lost some volume in boning. I need to add some maps tomorrow. Today is texturing day. If I can get my regular work done. :mad:

ClingFree
03-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Here is one more pic with the skirt without the rigging.

DragonAngel
03-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Nice results,

How did you aply this tutorial in lightave? Is there a way in lightwave to create edges that easily?

Anyone knows how or where to find information on how to do it?

MarkG
03-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Looks like a good tutorial: thanks for posting about it!

ClingFree
03-17-2003, 11:23 AM
The tutorial was difficult to follow because of the lack of edges as a selection mode...not to mention the fact that there is no edge weighting in lightwave. I just used smooth shift, bandsaw and bevel+ to create those areas in the tut. You can also use extender for quickly moving points to simulate edge movement. Poz extender is even better unless you are using 7.5b because it is not working right now in 7.5b. I hope that helps. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

ClingFree
03-21-2003, 06:58 AM
Here are some with textures and a pose...I still need to finish the head and the hair. I may dirty up textures later. I haven't decided about that yet.

The latest picture is now at the top.