PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal Line Distortion on Import

LexIcon
03-15-2003, 09:21 PM
I just got my new Toaster 2 with the current build installed on a new dual 2.4 XEON system with 1GB of RAM and plenty of HD space. When I try to record from an S-Video source (Sony mini-DV clamshell) into the Toaster. In the input window I am seeing static horizontal distortion lines across the image in the on-screen monitor. When I play back the imported clip, the lines still appear. I have red and green connected to red and green on the S-Video adapter. I tried importing with the twin adapter, the other cable, and different tapes. Nothing seems to affect the lines. They are almost unnoticable on a black screen, but when there is a bright scene they are blatantly obvious. There are about 40 of them across the screen.
Does anybody out there know what this is or how to compensate for it? Thanks, L.

LexIcon
03-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Also, the lines are present during playback of the recording to an external monitor.

Danner
03-17-2003, 06:44 AM
Just had something similar to that happen to us, but it turned out to be the heads of the tape deck.

LexIcon
03-17-2003, 07:01 AM
The thing is, when I switch to composite video as my input, the lines are gone. They only show up on the S-Video input. Also, I know it's not the deck, because I can run a line out to my SVHS deck and they don't show up on my video monitor, so it's not the source.