PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be cool if FPrime could do this . . .

Matt
03-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Maybe after FPrime goes LW8 native (uses the enhanced LW8 SDK) it could be used in any viewport . . .

Panikos
03-12-2004, 03:49 AM
Matt, mixing two different codes together doesnt create pleasant or meaningful results.
Your idea sounds cool as a Photoshop image, but the implementation can be either too easy, or impossible.
If is possible, it may require a few bottlenecks.
As you can see, Worley made good money out of FPrime.
This is the reward of his efforts, his knowledge and skills.
Merging FPrime with LW may not be that benefitial for him or Newtek and Worley cant give the code for free.
LW & FPrime can cooperate/communicate and this will happen later, hopefully sooner that we imagine.
But the level of communication will be somehow restricted.

Matt
03-12-2004, 04:12 AM
not suggesting Worley sells out to NT, just saying that it would be nice if FPrime could hijack a viewport for display rather than having _another_ floating window getting in the way! obviously not a problem for dual monitor users, of which I'm not one!

Nemoid
03-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Think putting Fprime into a viewport is possible.Read in these forums sometime ago that Steve did a thing like this with G2 for Stranham.

hrgiger
03-14-2004, 03:44 PM
I think that's a very cool idea. Good one Matt.

I rarely ever use more then one viewport in Layout, I usually just do a lot of switching around, but if I could open up FPrime in a window, I probably would regularly use more then one.

cavalos
03-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Nothing is impossible!

Panikos
03-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Matt, I ment that in order this to happen either NT has to open the doors widely or Worley has to reveal his code to NT.
No doubt such feature would be fantastic, but I assume that the level of give-in of both parties will allow closer communication of FPrime to LW.

I didnt intend to butcher your idea :)

Earl
03-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Good thinking Matt! :cool:

js33
03-16-2004, 03:18 AM
I guess that would be cool but since I am a dual monitor user it is much better to drag FPrime to the second monitor full size and have your LW screen full size. I like things full size. :D

Cheers,
JS