PDA

View Full Version : Presets

randysolo
03-11-2004, 08:43 PM
It's me again! I can't get "Presets" to show the textures that it once did over a year ago. I set the content directory as "lightwave 7.5" folder. Should I set it some other way? I also can't double-click on the shelf to add textures. How can I get the textures to show up again?

thanks

Randy

mlinde
03-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Check that your presets folder (inside the programs folder) actually has content. If not, check wherever your archives are (you do have backups, right?) :) Presets seem to be the first victim of upgrades, but it's easy to fix if you find them, just drop them back in that presets folder.

randysolo
03-12-2004, 05:47 AM
Thanks Linde,

I do have them there. I accidentally discovered that if I click on the preset button, nothing happens, nothing shows up. If I click on it then the Suface editor, then all texture show up on the preset shelf. Odd.

thanks for your help,

Backups are a pain, but no backups are like having no pain medicine.

rpsolo

randysolo
03-12-2004, 12:51 PM
my mistake again, the preset textures are gone! They are still in the folder but I can't get them to show up on the preset shelf.!! Any ideas?

thanks,

rpsolo

Activator
03-12-2004, 02:29 PM
I had this "problem", too.

If you load an object and select one of it's surfaces in the Surface Editor, the Preset shelf works just fine.

:confused: