PDA

View Full Version : Aladin. 10cm tall plastic toy.

Colombine
03-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Here is a final composite of my Aladin model chillin with his buddies.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

diablo-d3
03-12-2004, 02:45 AM
So wheres the 3D model in there? Or isnt there one?

renatolazzaroni
03-12-2004, 05:24 AM
The composition is absolutely perfect.
Nothing to crit, really.

Renato

Matt
03-12-2004, 06:17 AM
Can we see some wireframes?

SODAPLAY
03-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Very nice composition, however there is only one thing that bothers me and it is his right hand. Alladin is closer to us but when you look at his hand it feels like his right hand is behind that metal thing (candle holder or something)
I would move Alladin left from our perspective a bit so his right hand would be in front as well.
I tried to make a composition myself not so long time ago, but it wasn't as perfect as yours. Can you tell how you do it?

- SODA

Colombine
03-13-2004, 02:00 AM
Hey thanks for the positive feedback. First model in lightwave, never done anything as complicated as this before.

Here's some shaded wireframe shots and a colage.

Colombine
03-13-2004, 02:04 AM
&

Colombine
03-13-2004, 02:09 AM
Imported photo into background +camera view.

Lined up the model with the shelf surface

Adjusted lighting for photo

Rendered and saved as 32bit psd

Opened photo and render in photoshop, cut and paste, adjust colours, levels, etc till it looked good

cut out the overlaping sections (Flower & brass mouthpiece)

There you have it.

Mostly done by eye.
Bit of noise & blur added also.

Colombine
03-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Just to keep a perspective on it...

Here's another photo with the real plastic toy.

Now that is what it should really look like.

Close, but far from perfect.

veljko
03-13-2004, 04:40 AM
hi-
it all looks good except on thing- the lightening of the object- It is to contrast- The digital photo is more "washed out" with lover differences between the lightest and the darkest points-
if you correct that, i think you will have a great composit!

-i played with it a bit in photoshop to show you what i mean-

hope it helps!

IgnusFast
03-13-2004, 12:29 PM
Actually, I think the metal thing is a tuba mouthpiece. :)

Originally posted by SODAPLAY
Very nice composition, however there is only one thing that bothers me and it is his right hand. Alladin is closer to us but when you look at his hand it feels like his right hand is behind that metal thing (candle holder or something)
I would move Alladin left from our perspective a bit so his right hand would be in front as well.
I tried to make a composition myself not so long time ago, but it wasn't as perfect as yours. Can you tell how you do it?

- SODA

Colombine
03-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Hey Veljko, thanks for the info, & the time u spent playing with the image. I'll have another go at it when I find the time.

IgnusFast, U are soo very close with your discription of the candle stick / tuba mouthpiece.

It is a mouthpiece for a euphonium....Why is it there? I used to play one back in my school days... quite some time ago.

By the way, the shadows were painted on in the model composite.

Cheers!

IgnusFast
03-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I played Tuba/Sousaphone/Euphonium in school too, oh so long ago...

Originally posted by Colombine

IgnusFast, U are soo very close with your discription of the candle stick / tuba mouthpiece.

It is a mouthpiece for a euphonium....Why is it there? I used to play one back in my school days... quite some time ago.

Cheers!

SODAPLAY
03-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Here that's what I meant. I changed his right hand a bit. I think you need to move it a little bit left from our perspective. It will look 100% real. Thanks for explanation. Actually I do it the same way. I thought you need to render shadows separatly and then compose it in photoshop... or something like that.

- SODA