PDA

View Full Version : LW8 & Panther, here I come.

turbo
03-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Goin' to pick up me LW8 upgrade, anything I should know b4 installin Panther? :eek:

toby
03-11-2004, 03:15 PM
hey Turbo

where you been?

Goin' to pick up me LW8 upgrade, anything I should know b4 installin Panther? :eek:

it's not out yet, is it?

mlinde
03-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by turbo
Goin' to pick up me LW8 upgrade, anything I should know b4 installin Panther? :eek: Make sure you upgrade 10.3 to the latest version a.s.a.p. to cut down on bugs and problems, then make sure that any external Firewire drives have the updated firmware (if necessary), then remember to remap the exposť and full keyboard access controls to different sets so LW will work. Oh, and let me know where you got that copy of LW[8] -- didn't think it was out yet...

turbo
03-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by toby
hey Turbo
where you been?

it's not out yet, is it?

- workin away.. thankfully with no modeler crashes these days :D

- um.. well, I got a phone call from my supplier and she said my upgrade was in..
unfortunately all that was there was the realviz stuff..
(which I kindof expected, even after askin her.. :p )

turbo
03-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by mlinde
Make sure you upgrade 10.3 to the latest version a.s.a.p. to cut down on bugs and problems, then make sure that any external Firewire drives have the updated firmware (if necessary), then remember to remap the exposť and full keyboard access controls to different sets so LW will work. Oh, and let me know where you got that copy of LW[8] -- didn't think it was out yet...

woah! that sounds like alot! ... hmm.. what about my G4 with all its drives on the network?
.. do I have to Pantherize them all b4 upgrading to LW8?

'remap keyboard access controls?' .. never done that b4.. hmmm :confused:

.. ya.. the receptionist got it wrong about the LW.. but hopefully this month, they say..

toby
03-11-2004, 08:59 PM

'remap keyboard access controls?' .. never done that b4.. hmmm :confused:

Panther uses F9 for Expose, and pre-empts the LW key shorcut, so you'll need to change Expose's keyboard shortcut...
or just get FPrime :D

mlinde
03-11-2004, 10:07 PM
woah! that sounds like alot! ... hmm.. what about my G4 with all its drives on the network?
.. do I have to Pantherize them all b4 upgrading to LW8? If the drives are on a firewire bus, you need to make sure that they have the latest firmware, there were issues with the FW firmware and 10.3, and there may still be with some drives. If they are installed in a machine (internal ATA bus), or on a SAN that isn't Firewire, don't worry about it.

turbo
03-11-2004, 11:08 PM
ah.. ty.. that clears it up. muchos gracias. :cool: