PDA

View Full Version : VT[3] Update 3 now available for download

Paul Lara
03-11-2004, 01:27 PM
NewTek has published Update 3 free for all VT[3] users. This has several new features, including:
∑ Very slow speed crawls and scrolls available in Character Generator
∑ Clip Fade In / Fade Out controls have been added to VT-Editís control tree menu
∑ Improved dual-monitor support

There are additional features and numerous optimizations and fixes. To download the file and see a complete listing of all new features and fixes, go to http://www.newtek.com/products/vt/downloads/index.html for more information.

RomainR
03-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Thank you very much to all at NewTek.

tmon
03-11-2004, 01:57 PM
WHOO HOO!!!

Congrats and thanks, NewTek!

RayLarson
03-11-2004, 01:57 PM
kudos Newtek. I am updating tonight. Looking forward to the fixes and features.

Toaster Rocks !!!:D

MediaSig
03-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks Paul...and NewTek!!

Will have to wait and upgrade this weekend...in the middle of a pretty big project.

Greg

bradl
03-11-2004, 04:39 PM
:) :D :cool: ;)

The bits are flying as I type! Thanks everyone at NEWTEK for your hard work!

bradl
03-11-2004, 05:24 PM
OK, got it.

Now, call me cautious, forgetful or just plain stupid, but does this go right over Patch 2 or should we clear out, start with the CD's then patch it to 3?

RomainR
03-11-2004, 05:29 PM
No problems putting it over patch 2 here.

bradl
03-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Thanks Romain! I may have to wait till Sunday to tackle this. Fridays is my day off, or should I say my day to work freelance (SPURS Basketball) :)

Notice any changes worth talking about yet?

RomainR
03-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Well,

I didn't get to give a full run through yet, in the middle of two projects. I had to take the chance to upgrade cause there's a couple of fixes that I was waiting for and that were slowing down my workflow. All the fixes in the batch capture, thanks.

the fade in and out for video in the control is very nice and will make the workflow better.

The slower speed for scroll are nice and slow. But I still think we need more quality enhancements. It's getting there.

VT-Edit seems to be more responsive with heavy timelines.

That's all I really got to notice. Next week I'll get to dig in more.

So far so good and best of all no problems installing the patch.

Gaiking
03-11-2004, 07:09 PM
After installing the update and the resulting reboots I notice my VT3 will no longer recognize my R8 at all. Unplugging the USB cable and reinserting it does nothing.

Any early thoughts?

Jerry

jcupp
03-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Check your prefs. The RS8 needs to be enabled in the VT prefs before it will be recognized.
The patch probably reset this to the default.

Rich Deustachio
03-11-2004, 09:50 PM
So far it seems more responsive on long complex timelines.

Thanks!

eon5
03-12-2004, 07:11 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

< - - - - die

wait !

VT[3] - Update 3 (for Animator's edition - This will not install on top of public build).

:confused: what is this ?

Paul Lara
03-12-2004, 07:14 AM
This is VT[3] Animator's Edition.
What that means is it will only install on top of an Animtor's Edition build...not the standard VT[3] install.

Gaiking
03-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by jcupp
Check your prefs. The RS8 needs to be enabled in the VT prefs before it will be recognized.
The patch probably reset this to the default.

That was it. Gracias!! I'm a new owner and have been so busy trying to get two live services online a week I haven't had a chance to really dig into the manual.

Jerry

bradl
03-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
This is VT[3] Animator's Edition.
What that means is it will only install on top of an Animtor's Edition build...not the standard VT[3] install. Curious, Paul, what technically is the difference?

Paul Lara
03-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Honestly, not a lot. The Animator's Edition was born during Video Toaster [2], which replaced LightWave Express with LightWave 7.5.