PDA

View Full Version : FPrime and Mac Panther

Orange
03-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Someone have something to share? Hope FPrime isn't only Jaguar, like the others Worley plugs

Beamtracer
03-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Are the other Worley plug-ins Panther only? I didn't know that. Are you absolutely sure?

I've got all the Worley plug-ins. They're all great. I'll definitely be purchasing Fprime in the next few days. Fprime's smart vector blur is alone enough reason for me to purchase.

I've found that Worley Labs have been pretty good in the past in issuing updates to their plug-ins, for which they charge no money for!

Worley is great!!!

Orange
03-11-2004, 01:27 PM
No, i'm not sure, and pretty new on LW. On Worley sites is a 10.2 mention. I'm naturally interested in FPrime but i'm on 10.3. Thanks.

vivekd
03-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Can Fprime Distribute Render like Screamernet

-V

Orange
03-11-2004, 01:46 PM
no, it can't.

nawDsign
03-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Are the other Worley plug-ins Panther only?

Beam, Orange said Jaguar only. But I hope not. I'm rnning Panther as well.

mlinde
03-11-2004, 03:53 PM
None of the Worley plug-ins are Jaguar only. The issue that affects them is that you can't use the sliders, you must use the keyboard to enter changes with numeric values. If you use the sliders, it crashes Lightwave. No idea if this ties to the other Lightwave crashes in 10.3, but the point is they do work. You just have to enter values manually.

Beamtracer
03-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks, Michael, for your informed response.

The more I look at Fprime the more interesting it seems. It doesn't yet work with Screamernet, but it renders complex scenes around 20x faster than Lightwave's own renderer, so unless you're using a renderfarm of more than 20 computers, you're probably still faster using Fprime.

Orange
03-12-2004, 02:33 AM
Thanks, Mlinde, now i go to line to get FPrime

Ge4-ce
03-12-2004, 04:10 AM
Hi hA!! Only a couple of hours to go before I can download Fprime!!

They said only the orders done on 3/9 will be processed by 3/12 and since I ordered that day,..

Today is my FPrime day!

I'll keep you in touch!

Orange
03-12-2004, 09:36 AM
please, do that.

nawDsign
03-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Keep us posted with any issues you run in to.

hehehe.. those of us who can't afford it yet has to suck up and pay even more for it later. :mad: :(

Have fun with fPrime!

calico
03-12-2004, 03:32 PM
ok Ge4-ce
talk to us
give us an update

sorry but i'm soooo curious

Ge4-ce
03-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Well until now.. Nothing new happened.. still no FPrime!

Nothing on their site indicates that I can download it now.

Haven't got a mail either..

But the day is not over yet!.. not in CA it is.. but here at my place (Belgium) it is.. It's now 00h15 am and I'm tired.. :) Think I'm gonna go to sleep.. FPrime will be for tommorrow.

Sorry for this guys.. cannot help it! As soon as I have it, I will inform you..

Worley will probably post the download on their site as late as possible so they can process more orders today and thus satisfy more people..

Ge4-ce
03-13-2004, 02:49 AM
OK! Today I recieved a link to download FPrime!!

Yes yes yes!!!

Only one problem..

THE MAC VERSION WILL BE RELEASED THIS MONDAY!!! How can they do this to me!!

I want to test it!!

Still I have read the manual allready.. There are more restrictions to FPrime than we first thought..

But: Nothing I cannot live with and many of those restrictions tend to be fixed with FPrime updates in the future..

A pretty-close list of what's not shown in FPrime: effects of shader plugins, post-process tools like image and pixel plugins, glow, volumetrics, and lens flares, caustics, dissolve with distance, Global Light Intensity, foreground images, data overlay, field and stereo rendering, camera masks, per-object black alpha, point and edge rendering, and metaballs.

Many Environment plugins (like SkyTracer) are not officially supported, but often work anyway if you don't change their settings. :-) The painful restrictions are the shader, volumetric, and post-process exclusions.