PDA

View Full Version : Collision spawning particles

HailStorm
03-11-2004, 06:22 AM
hey people
ive done a search on collision but I couldn't find anything about it so i decided to post the question

I have some text and i have a flate plane goin from left to the right of the text
I want it so particles will spawn wherever the plane is hitting it, anyone know how to do this?
If you don't understand what i mean then I'll try and make it better to understand.
thanks

Lamont
03-11-2004, 09:22 AM
You need to set up your emmiter to spawn on EVENT.

Quick test:

Create one emmiter and one collision object.
Now select the emmiter and make it part of a group (name it whatever you want).
Set the GENERATE BY to Event.

Select the collision object and set it's mode to EVENT
And set the collision objects group to the same as the emmiter.

Now when they collide, there will be particles spawned.

HailStorm
03-11-2004, 10:07 AM
thanks Lamont
is there a way to make the particles spawn only where the 2 objects are colliding?

MiniFireDragon
03-11-2004, 01:12 PM
What you want to do is create a bunch of nulls, add emiiters to them, parent them to the letters at the base of the character and then set the plane to the collision object and follow what Lamont said the rest of the way. So when the parts of the letters collide with the object it shoots of particles.

You can also use the letters as the emitter, and in the paramters select from normals are vertices, but keep in mind it will only emit particles from the vertices that touch (not the whole letter unless u add points)

SplineGod
03-12-2004, 06:24 AM
If the nozzle is set to be the object surface is should only emit particles where the two collide.