PDA

View Full Version : Character:Slim(Head_Finished)

Capel
03-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Well, i'm pretty much finished with this head and upper body, so i thought i'd post. Still up for any critiques or suggestions, though, so feel free! :D

Epita
03-16-2003, 04:16 AM
looks kina strange, sort of weird, but thats what your going for, its not a model of a friend is it (or is it?) The hat looks a little off, but i guess thats not that important, good model though...

Epita

banshee
03-16-2003, 06:23 AM
The textures look better than the last update. I'm not to sure about the GI lighting. It just seems to be overkill, kind of like using GI for the sake of using GI. I thought the test lighting in your original posts were much more suitable to the character and style IMHO :) I think a basic 3point set-up would be fine and will still pull out the details, again IMHO.

Hiraghm
03-16-2003, 12:11 PM
This guy is great! I hope you do a whole construction crew.

(cause if you don't... I might... :D )

Kuzey
03-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Hey that's fantastic...the more I look at it the more I like it!!

Can't wait to see him completed.

Kuzey

lord
03-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Funny crease top of cheeks under eyes, to sharp?
Otherwise full of lively character.
Don't mind the GI look myself.

Cheers,

kief
03-16-2003, 09:09 PM
animate!! (when completed)

Capel
03-17-2003, 01:36 AM
Wow, thanks for the comments and feedback! LORD: Yeah, i'll smooth out that sharp crease under the eye. Thanks for pointing it out. KUZEY: I'm hoping to finish his lower half within the next week, so i'll post it when i'm done! Thanks for the compliment. Means alot coming from someone of your talent! KIEF: I have already animated him and rendered it off. I just don't know how to post it. Eventually he'll have a big fat buddy named Frank. I plan to do a little short with them. Hopefully i'll go through with it!

BTW: You guys wouldn't happen to know anyone that lives in Phoenix, AZ that does lightwave? I just moved up here and am looking for fellow lightwavers! :D

renatolazzaroni
03-17-2003, 11:08 AM
It looks great, especially on the pose on the right. Great model too.
One or two comments: Don't you want to texture the hard hat ? It looks a little bit flat. How about some ridges, scratches, or reflections (if the hat is new) ?
I am also a little puzzled by the total absence of upper lip.
Well, just my comments.

Renato

Kuzey
03-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Thanks Capel, I'm just a hack that gets lucky every now and then:p

I can't wait to see how Frank turns out, sounds like there might be some Laurel & Hardy moments on the constrution site..way cool!!!

:D

Kuzey

Pensart
03-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Hey, that's a very nice head !! :p