PDA

View Full Version : How's it going Scott

Norman
03-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Bates, that is. Last we heard from you, you were upgrading your system. Any problems the list can help with, or are you just having too much fun with the 'new' system to post.? :)

Scott Bates
03-10-2004, 07:20 AM
Boy, it's nice to be missed. It went without any major problems, except some pesky error message before I actually got started that my motherboard all of a sudden wasn't "xyz power system complient". Don't know where that came from or why, but eventually got past it and installing everything went fine, from the clean upgrade to XP to changing over all the hardware, just took a few days of reinstalling all my apps and tweaking the system. Have been having fun with it, but also have been out of town on family business for a week and won't be home until later today.

Norman
03-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Glad everything worked out without major difficulties. Enjoy your 'vacation' from work. :)

Scott Bates
03-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Not sure which is more "work" Norman, editing for the clients who are never satisfied or going through phase two of getting my father's estate settled, but it was nice to spend some rare quality time with my brother and sister. Back to the "no, they're NOT always right" grind tomorrow. :(

Norman
03-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Sorry Scott, I didn't know about your father. Hope he didn't suffer and you and your family get your lives back on track soon.

Scott Bates
03-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks Norman. He actually passed away in 1999 (and went quickly as a result of a fall) so we've adjusted by now. Making a long story short, he had a Living Trust which set up multiple trusts after his death. My step-mother has been living in his house, but just moved to an apartment so we "kids" had to go to back there to decide which pieces of personal property (furniture, etc.) we each wanted so an auctioneer can come in to take the rest and then the house goes on the market. Phase Three of the estate settlement won't occur until my step-mother passes away. Lessons Learned: you never know what's going to happen when so keep your affairs in order (and up-to-date!) and your children will thank you for it later; thanks to Dad's planning it's been as hassle-free as possible.

Now that we've gotten really off-topic, we return you to whatever on-topic stuff is currently of concern.........

Norman
03-11-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm glad you're not still in the early stages of grief.

Now, to the on topic stuff. I just downloaded and installed the new update and I feel like I've got a new machine. I loaded up a project consisting of png stills and png overlayed titles with a music bed and narration track, that stuttered something awful with update 2. I was thinking I had to do like you just did and upgrade everything to get back to the smooth playing of projects I experienced with update 1, but this new update cured everything. NewTek did one helluva job with this third update, even the CG scrolls work really well.

Scott Bates
03-11-2004, 08:22 PM
That's great to hear. I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet; tommorrow's first task.