PDA

View Full Version : Help for a Newb

DS613
03-09-2004, 05:15 PM
I have two problems I have the Full Version of Lightwave 7.5 with the purple usb Dongle but everytime I try to load in objects Into the scenes I get this error...

DS613
03-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Second issue I am running through a tutorial where I am suppose to bring in C:\LightWave\Scenes\Landscape\SinglePolyLandscape. lwo

and render it to get it into viper and I get this problem

SHIV
03-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Well the first is exactly what it says.. the file that the scene is looking for is not located in the path that the scene thinks it should be.. just click the 'Yes' button to select an alternate file and manually browse to the location of the file you are looking for and it should then work fine..

Second one.. I'm assuming it's LW deciding that the object you are trying to import is too complex to display at the level you've set and is automatically compensating so your machine remains usuable..

thekho
03-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Increase your subpatch level render something like 50 or 100 which will showing the render or viper.

riki
03-10-2004, 12:23 AM
It's not a problem with your Hardward Lock. You need to check the manual. It explains how to set up the Content Directory before you attempt to load a scene. Also sounds like you need to turn down the SubPatch Resolution in the Object Properties panel.