PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else got a free UVedit Pro?

Ge4-ce
03-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone!

I yesterday got a mail from Newtek (Newtek Europe it was) and they offered me a free plugin!

UVedit Pro wich has a 100$ value!

Great..!

Well it wasn't entirely free.. I updated LW to 7.5 and got the LW 8 deal + DFX+ deal about 6 months ago..

This was a special offer for the early updaters!

I Wonder if it is for the patience we have to have for LW 8 to arrive ;) Anyway..

THANK YOU NEWTEK!! Now only trying to work with this new plugin.. Why don't they build UV plugins with voicecontrole?? "I want those thingy's right there..." :rolleyes:

mkiii
03-10-2004, 01:46 AM
Have you read ANY of the other threads on this forum..... There are hundreds of messages about this freebie plugin:rolleyes:

Ge4-ce
03-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Sometimes you overlook something.. I'm really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reallyreally really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really sorry that I didn't browse the entire forum looking for threads about this free plugin..

Ssssshaaaame on me!!!

Jeeeeezzz... give it a break man!

Nobody likes a wiseguy...

turbo
03-12-2004, 10:29 AM
rofl

Ge4-ce
03-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Eeeehyy! Turbo.. Long time no see!

As a matter of fact! Last time I heard from you was when you dealt with the 10.2.4 + issue!..

Thats like.... at least 3 bugs ago!! How are you!

turbo
03-12-2004, 01:49 PM
hehe.. very good, G, ty for askin..
.. bangin me head against character setup and animation atm.. :p
.. and still waitin for a decent video card for mac, lol.. I have my scouts keeping their eyes out.. :D

hmmm... bugs, huh? well i learned my lesson and decided to wait to install Panther, so I've missed out on any Panther related issues..

.. also have been spending most of my time in Modeler/lowpoly models and Photoshop/textures so I've missed out on any Layout bugs..

anything game/dev related I should know about? :p

Ge4-ce
03-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Pfff.. I don't really know right now.. It's all about panther and it's bugs..

They should be fixed coming week, with 10.3.3 but heck.. who knows what's next..

Grapheditor broke in panther, and a lot of OpenGL issues are known in Panther. So Yes, I do think it's related to games...

10.3.3 should show a 10 to 15% speed increase on OpenGL so there defenitly are issues with it..

But you choice of staying with Jaguar is not a bad idea at all.. Coming weeks, months, I'm going to set up my system with a pantherversion that makes all my software and LW 8 work. On my Powerbook and on my Coming G5 as soon as they release it.. (together with indeed a better videocard) Then I will not update until next year Summer! I have an important mission to accomplisch.. (2 short movies as a final exam) so I can't risk anything.

turbo
03-12-2004, 05:38 PM
hmmm... if there are still issues with Panther perhaps I will install it only my G4 for now.. and leave my G5 as is with Jaquar.
... this way I can compare how LW behaves on both OSs..

stardial
04-01-2004, 07:34 PM
I am wondering where one might find docs in English for using UVedit Pro?

Thanks to any who can advise... :D

moubctez
04-02-2004, 02:02 AM
http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/uv_edit_pro/uv_edit_pro.html

stardial
04-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi moubctez,
thank you for telling me where to find the UV edit Pro manual. After browsing through it, though, I realize that it is a great reference tool for the people who already know how to use the tool. Are there any tutorials for the UV challenged such as myself? Ones that directly relate to the usage of this plugin, I mean.

Thanks,