PDA

View Full Version : How does VT[3] work with MAX and Combustion ?

Cauchy
03-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Hi, all

Next week I will demo some VT[3] features to a very important customer. They are one of the biggest CG studio in Beijing China. They are using MAX and Combustion. But I don't have used both of them. I want to attract their attention, and let them think VT is better for them. I know that VT[3] has 3rd party application drivers to both Max and Combustion. So, could some one give me some ideas of how to demo, what kind of features could attact them. How does VT[3] work with MAX and Combustion? Just give me a light, I want to keep tring.

Paul Lara
03-09-2004, 07:01 AM
VT[3] offer hardware frame-buffer support for both these applications, meaning while you composite in combustion, you see your output on the reference monitor.

Any max renders will also be displayed on the monitor, allowing the user to KNOW exactly what the broadcast image will look like before moving on.

eon5
03-09-2004, 07:57 AM
with After Effects i can play & render *.rtv files

In Combustion i can render *rtv files, but...

can I edit *.rtv files using Combustion ?

smee-again
03-09-2004, 06:58 PM
I use Max quite a bit and I have found I can render out to rtf's with included alpha. It is much easier to work with one rtf file than doing a frame by frame targa or tif render & then importing them all.

Cam

Paul Lara
03-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by eon5
In Combustion i can render *rtv files, but...
can I edit *.rtv files using Combustion ?

combustion doesn't natively support .rtv, but you CAN use the AVI wrapper codec within combustion, as well as take full advantage of VT[3]'s hardware frame-buffer support.