PDA

View Full Version : Honda S2000 + animation

Lewis
03-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Hi there

Here is one of my unrendered (so far) but long time finished models. I'm celaning up some "old" work now so i just need to render few cars previously finsihed ;).

This Honda S2000 is one of them.

You also can more images at my WEB and here is link for 25 seconds animation (DivX but 3.11 so that any newer version can play it)

Honda S2000 Porfolio/Animation links
http://www.lewis.tomsoft.hr/portfolio_2004.htm
http://www.lewis.tomsoft.hr/portfolio_Honda_s2000_anim.htm

rbnz
03-08-2004, 08:58 PM
very nice dude. is this just from blueprint style plas, photos, or do you have a model of it ?

sweet job. well done

veljko
03-09-2004, 12:43 AM
we all know you can make cars man-:D
i just see a car you made and go "yup, great modeling, great texturing, cool surfacing, nice scene-but, seen it all before from this guy"
now, i flip trough NEWTEK and stumble upon an interwiev with you- and what is it about?- modeling cars!
enough with the cars allready!:)

;) great work, congrats on the interview!

Lewis
03-09-2004, 09:39 AM
rbnz - yeah i did model this only by blueprints ;).

veljko - as i stated this is OLD model (made it 5-6 months ago) so i need to render it sometime ;). Also if you check my WEB you could notice that i modeled and renderen many things (robots, architecture, phones, station IDs, logos, jingles....) and not cars only. If you want to say i'm doing only cars i really miss your point 'coz it simple isn't true :P.

BUT even if i do OLNY cars where is the problem ? If client want car should i recommend them to rather buy 3D model of house :)????? I understand that some guys don't like car models too much but i also don't like some other models but i don't say that - id' rather choose not to repely to subject none of my interest and respect guy/girl effort for modeling it even if i wouldn't du such model ;).

BTW interview is pretty old now but good chat woith Ben :). Thanks

P.S. You also can check how many cars are posted on forums BEFORE my car tutorial and AFTER 2001 when i made tutorial and you could be surprised with difference ;).

jester76
03-09-2004, 09:49 AM
As always...Awesome model...I should say I'm a big fan of your models...I'm such a Honda fanatic so I feel I should step in and give some crits

the inner housing on the S2000's headlight should be mat black, sidemarker looks way to bright and untextured, would look better toned down like the orange reflector in the headlight.

chrome rims on a japanese sports car?
something about it just doesn't contrast enough with the body colour, darker silver powdercoat would suit it much better...ditch the granny tires for a set of sport tires with a more aggressive tread and sidewall (looks a little flat)

and the seats look like they are recovering from vacum packaging

other than that another great car mode

sKb875
03-09-2004, 11:06 AM
HOLY!!!! :O *drools on keyboard and wets pants*
That's too insane. Great modeling and rendering.

That's the best S2000 I've ever seen, and probably will ever see. Love the scene! :D

P.S. Leave the Lightwave forum. you're too good.

mcaa666
03-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Hi Lewis,
Great to see you finally rendered this car.
I saw it on your site not too long ago along with an opel corsa and another car(a pickup i believe).
Are you going to render those other cars aswell?
great job on the scene too.
Is it modeled aswell?
Keep 'm comin.

BTW how is that aston martin coming along?

Lude
03-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi Lewis,

Just visited your site, there's some change between your 3d glass in 2000 and the cars that suddenly appear in 2001.

I mean wow how'd you do that :eek:

Good work
Lude.

Lewis
03-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Lude - can you explain me your quiestion little more i'm not sure tha ti understand what you mean :). Thanks

mcaa666 - Aston is gonna get some progress this weekend since i'm doing soem serious station ID projects which will require about 3-4 months for completion but Aston will be done in meantime ;).

Scene is fully modeled also (i wanted to make soemthing else than white background since people are contantly naging about scenes where cars are ;)).

skb875 - yeah right like i would feeling good if i leave LW forums - won't happen ;). Thanks

jester76 - thanks for some pointers, i do agree on rims material but i don't have more time to spend on this car (anymore) :). BUT i don't agree on headlights interior - i'll show you my resource images when i get home (i have images of whole disasembled headlights so i know how they look and on my image they are sliver/grey alsmost like car paint - no dark grey or black;)). Tyre tread do have some sporty "V" desing also but it's just my imagination and not any curent type of tyres so tha tmight be problem :). Thanks

veljko
03-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Hey man i was only kiddn`...

i love your cars and i think you should model whatever makes you happy, and i dont have nothing against car models-

gee:)

Lewis
03-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by veljko
Hey man i was only kiddn`...

i love your cars and i think you should model whatever makes you happy, and i dont have nothing against car models-

gee:)

Hehe no problem i just tought that you are ranting about cars :). Sorry , maybe i didn't see enough smilies in your post ;).

Lewis
03-09-2004, 08:18 PM
ohh i forgot to upload resource image of honda S200 headlights interior :). This is just one of images but good since it's totally clear how it looks.

jester76 - here it is ;). see it's all silver and not dark grey, so it must be various versions for different markets or so ;).

Tiger
03-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi Lewis!

Great animation there!
Love to see you make the new Airbus oneday :D

si_kick
03-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Hey Lewis,

The S2000 looks bloody great :D. Im downloading the animation at the moment. Anway im currently working on a car of my own, a concept infact, and i am really stuck with the main car paint texture. Could you please give me some detailed info on the texture, or even the preset ;). And some extra help about the lighting would be really helpfull. Please, please, help me out here.

Once againt the car looks awseome keep up the good work.

Cheers Simon

jester76
03-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Again I must say I'm very fond of your work,

I don't mean to sound rude, harsh or critical in any way, my crits are mere suggestions as to what may make a great peice of work even greater!...however It is quite apparent that your reference picture posted for the inner headlight housing is showing the headlight assembly disassembled and modified from it's original flat black colour...just make em black man it would look sweet
:D

looking forward to seeing the interior pics as well
:cool:

Lewis
03-10-2004, 09:17 AM
No problem jester i wasn't saying you've been rude :). Suggestions are always welcome ;). This piece of my resource images aren't painted 'coz i have images where it isn't disasembled and it's also more silver than dark grey but i do see lot of dark grey versions also :). But frankly for thih particualr silver paint it looks better if interior is also silver than when it's dark grey. But with red and yellow honda paint dark grey looks better definately ;).

Rendering it AGAIN with dark grey is not possible due very high rendering time (i had 625 frames and each frame was rendered form 45 - 95 minutes on 2.53GHz cpu). Thing is tha ti didn't use radiosity but i used BIG arealights and i hade 6 volumetric lights + flares and another 50 lights for honda sign glowing so rendertime is big problem ;). Also model is rendered on level 3-4 so total polycount is around 2 million polygons which also adds lot to rendertime ;).

s_kick - go to presetcentral.com and download paint materils it'll be good start but key thing is to setup scene and environment for reflections. And don't be fooled that you can do that quickly. Add one light at time and check how it looks. When you are happy with one light add another one and see where you are going untill you are happy.

Tiger - thanks.

apex
03-25-2004, 07:20 AM
I've got to get back to checking in with this forum more often :o I completely missed this one. I like the set you've created for this car and the animation is really good too. As always, superb modeling and materials and an inspiration :D

kenrem

Jok
03-26-2004, 04:40 AM
wow, very nice...

but im still waiting for a Yugo ;)

kuik2c
03-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Nice car model !!!
So bad never see it on the road...maybe don't apear in local market.:(

GuZ
03-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Here´s actually my car... OK, I'm just showin' off, but what the hell... ;)

http://forums.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/imageview/19170/6/